Publisher Warner Bros. Interactive has announced the Definitive Edition of Middle-earth: Shadow of War
, the very popular and highly rated title developed by Monolith Productions which was released to very positive responses in October last year. This edition of the game will come packed with the main game, all of the downloadable content, and the free updates and improvements already available in the title.
Included in the downloadable content is the Expansion Pass which will grant players access to the additional story campaigns, missions, playable characters, and more. Here's the four expansions included in the Definitive Edition:
In terms of the free updates and improvements made to the game over the year since its release, take a look at the list of specific changes which includes the removal of microtransactions
, gear upgrades, player stats, difficulty levels, and plenty more:
- Market Closure: Complete removal of the market and microtransactions.
- Updated Post-Game: Streamlined post-game Epilogue (formerly Shadow Wars) with new narration from Shelob, the Witch-king and Dark Talion, plus new Masks of the Nazgûl player rewards.
- Nemesis System Enhancements: Numerous improvements bringing further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, along with added traits and behaviours for Orc enemies, more Legendary Orcs to encounter and more ways to get Training Orders.
- Powering Up: Follower level cap has been increased to 80, enemy Captain level cap has been increased to 85, greater XP rewards, new Prestige skills, upgrades and more.
- Gear Upgrades: Players can now use Mirian to raise the level of a piece of gear to their current level and use gems to re-roll abilities.
- Skins: Added player skins for Celebrimbor, Eltariel, Dark Eltariel, Baranor and Serka.
- Online Pit Fights & Conquests: Added search feature to challenge specific players' Overlords and fortresses in Friendly Mode.
- Endless Siege: Added feature to defend fortresses against never-ending waves of Sauron’s forces.
- Rebellion: Added feature to crush rebel Ologs and Uruks who undermine the Bright Lord.
- Photo Mode Upgrades: Capture every battle with new filters, frames and textures
- Difficulty Levels: Added Brutal and Gravewalker difficulty levels.
- Player Stats: Added player stats page to track in-game enemy kills, dominations and betrayals.
If you'd like to try before you potentially buy, why not give the free demo
a shot. If you enjoy what you play, or don't need the demo to make a purchase, then you'll be more than happy to pay £49.99 (or your regional equivalent) when the Definitive Edition of the game releases on August 31st.
We've got the full list of Middle-earth: Shadow of War achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.This game was featured in our Best Xbox Action-Adventure Games Available in 2018 article. Why not check it out to see what else made the cut?