Two weeks ago, we invited you to join the Newshounds team. Unfortunately due to a technical hitch (Rich went to Gamescom), a series of messages went out later than anticipated, and we've decided to extend the deadline for team applications to give everyone more time to sort out their applications.
Many thanks to those people who have already applied to become a newshound! Those of you who are still thinking about applying, any applications can be sent to me, punkyliar
, here on TA via PM
. The deadline for applications has been extended for another week and is now Sunday, September 9th
. If you have any questions, either post them in the thread below or send me a private message through the same link as that for the applications.
If you are interested in helping us to provide the news coverage that this site deserves, here is a quick reminder of the questions if you want to apply to join our team.
1) What is your name, age, location and timezone?
2) How much time could you give per day and what times would you generally be available?
3) Why do you want to be a newshound? What contributions would you bring to the team?
4) Are there particular genres/gaming topics you favor? All newshounds are expected to cover everything, but what would be your comfort zone?
5) Is there anything that the team doesn't currently cover that you'd like to see? How could you help to cover this area?
6) Have you written news previously? If so, where? Please submit examples if this applies to you.
7) Have you been on TA/TT/TSA site staff before? If so, please tell us a little bit about your experience.
8) Where would you go to find news? What sources would you consider?
9) What improvements / changes do you think we can make to our news coverage?
10) Please let us know anything else about you that makes you stand apart from the crowd! While we're looking for staff to manage news now, we expect all our staff to be able to handle our other responsibilities, so what special skills or knowledge do you bring to the table?
11) Finally, and perhaps most importantly, please write a sample news story using the format that we use here at TA. In addition, include how you went about finding the story and checking its authenticity. Please don't submit any of our set format articles, so new releases, sales, achievement lists, Games With Gold, or Backwards Compatibility; aside from those you can write about any subject, but the newer the news, the better. Don't feel that you have to limit yourself to Xbox news for the sample article.
If you're interested in writing editorial features for TA (in addition to news) we'll be requiring a bit more from your application. In addition to the requirements for the Newshound submission, candidates who are interested in becoming editorial/feature writers for TA should also submit the following:Note: Please separate the questions and answers clearly on your application.
Good luck to all those who apply!