Back in July, DONTNOD announced that two new difficulty modes were in the pipeline for their gothic RPG Vampyr
. Selected at the start of the game, the Story mode would de-emphasise the game's combat, providing less of a challenge so more players can enjoy the story, whereas Hard mode would do exactly what it says on the tin: make the game harder, providing less experience for combat so players are forced even more to embrace the citizens of London. Well, the French studio has now announced when we can expect these two modes and players won't have to wait long at all. In fact, they won't have to even wait until the end of the week.
While they were going to be patching the game anyway, the team took some time to make a few other fixes, which you can read below.
- An issue where the key to Morgue was missing has been fixed (Mission 21)
- Fixed an issue where there was a wall missing collisions in Aloysius’ mansion
- Fixed an issue that would occur with two-handed weapon skills
- Fixed an issue with Simplified Chinese achievements appearing in English
- Various other fixes
Players will be able to sink their teeth back into Vampyr
when these new modes are released this Wednesday, September 26th.
We've got the full list of Vampyr achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.Check out our Best Xbox RPGs Available in 2017 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.