Perhaps surprising for a Japanese series, even as one of the bigger ones, Kingdom Hearts
has always had its fair share of recognisable names from the West amongst the cast. That's set to continue with the upcoming KINGDOM HEARTS III
as Square Enix has revealed a few of the faces — or in this case, voices — set to feature in next year's title.
In addition to Haley Joel Osment reprising his role as series protagonist Sora, the following names are set to star:
- Josh Gad (Frozen, Beauty and the Beast) as Olaf from Frozen
- Kristen Bell (Frozen, Veronica Mars, Forgetting Sarah Marshall) as Anna from Frozen
- Idina Menzel (Frozen, Enchanted, Rent) as Elsa from Frozen
- Jonathan Groff (Frozen, Mindhunter, American Sniper) as Kristoff from Frozen
- Zachary Levi (Tangled, Chuck, Thor: The Dark World) as Flynn Rider from Tangled
- Donna Murphy (Tangled, Center Stage) as Mother Gothel from Tangled
- John Ratzenberger (Toy Story, Cheers, The Incredibles, Coco) as Hamm from Toy Story
- Wallace Shawn (Toy Story, The Princess Bride, The Good Wife) as Rex from Toy Story
- Tate Donovan (Hercules, The O.C., Argo) as Hercules from Hercules
- Kevin R. McNally (Pirates of the Caribbean Series) as Gibbs from the Pirates of the Caribbean series
- Tony Anselmo as Donald Duck
- Bill Farmer as Goofy
These names and many more voice acting talents, according to Square Enix, will star in Kingdom Hearts III
when it releases on January 29th, 2019.
We don't have them yet, but we'll publish a story as soon as we pick up the KINGDOM HEARTS III achievements.