The race is on! Settlement simulation Surviving Mars
has returned with new DLC for the aspiring colonies of the red planet. Similar in name and idea to the real events where nations competed for progress in space exploration, "Space Race" has been announced for all three platforms in the future. Both a trailer and presentation are available from publisher Paradox Interactive.
Unlike with the previous update
, the developers at Haeminont Games describe "Space Race" as the first real expansion to the sim, which places significance on rival colonies and sponsored companies in-game as they struggle for control of precious resources on Mars. The addition comes with a few changes in gameplay as well, such as:
- Competing for milestones, resources, and anomalies with several other AI colonies backed by rival sponsors.
- Interacting with other colonies through trade, distress calls, or by stealing colonists from one another.
- Each sponsor comes with its own sets of Challenges and individual goals to complete.
- Sponsors also come with unique vehicles and buildings for allied colonies only.
- Events will come with narration as players compete to expand their colonies.
- Japan and Brazil will be available as new mission sponsors.
"Space Race Plus" also includes new music tracks of pop music derived from each sponsor, as well as 25 added aesthetics for colony buildings for those who pay the premium price.
Players can pre-order "Space Race" through Steam
, but it is not yet available through Xbox. There are three versions to choose from, each with their own perks. As of now, no release date has been set, though the team has promised the release to be sometime later this year.
We've got the full list of Surviving Mars achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.This game was featured in our Best Xbox Simulation Games Available in 2018 article. Why not check it out to see what else made the cut?