Three years ago, the Rock Band
franchise got an Xbox One revival and Rock Band 4
was released to the world. Since the game's release, developer Harmonix has continued to support it with regular DLC and game updates. To celebrate the game's third birthday, they've released another update that brings along some track skins, allowing players to customise their gameplay experience, and a host of quality of life fixes.
If you thought the standard black note highway was a little boring, you can now customise that area with the new Track Skins. The design options include zodiac and sketch designs, and each design is available in a variety of colours. To prevent these designs from being too distracting during gameplay, Harmonix has gone chosen to "give the impression that the visuals are ‘under’ the highway, like looking through glass". More designs have been promised for the future.
As for those quality of life fixes, you can check them out in the full list of patch notes below.
- Selectable Track Skins
- Customize your note highway with new (and old!) visuals to spice up your play sessions.
- Scoring issues for vocalists fixed
- Overdrive earning fixed
- Multiplier building fixed
- Final phrase not adding points fixed
- 'Challenge Songs' preference in Green Rooms now forces song selection to Challenge songs only
- Reorganized Main Menu
- More background music added to game menus
- Song length now visible in song library
- Drummer issues fixed
- Snare/crash combo no longer breaks combo for Lefty Pro Drums
- Drum track rails now glow during drum solos
- Game performance improved
- Crashes fixed
- Menus and other selections react faster
The update is available now.
We've got the full list of Rock Band 4 achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.