A new patch has been released for State of Decay 2 with update notes and a stream from the development team as well. Patch 4.2 mainly focuses on the recently released "Daybreak" DLC pack but also comes with fixes to the original part of the game too. Here's the full list of fixes, changes and improvements:
In the stream, Geoffrey Card plays the guest as Brant Fitzgerald tries to be the host. The two showcase gameplay, talk about achievement easter eggs in the game, and discuss some of the main highlights of the patch:
- We were finally able to reproduce the dreaded audio blowout bug in a dev environment, and we have a new intended fix. As before, if you encounter the bug after installing the update, please let us know!
- Red Talon traits, skills, and hero bonuses should no longer appear on non-Red Talon characters.
- Fixed an issue where, if a player in Daybreak looking at the shared inventory disconnected, other players were blocked from accessing the inventory.
- You can now properly deliver the special “standing execution” move unlocked by the Heroism skill. All that Red Talon training has to be worth something, right?
- The Tactics skill now properly allows a character in stealth to silently open locked doors.
- Red Talon recruits who are euthanized no longer remain static in a standing position. Because that’s just a little TOO disciplined.
- Players will no longer automatically (and erroneously) unlock the “Cargo Cult” achievement while downloading Daybreak. Building the CLEO Relay Facility is how you get it now, as originally intended.
- It’s no longer possible to accidentally place the Red Talon Watchtower facility into a slot that prevents your survivors from actually being able to get inside the facility.
- Bloater gas clouds in Daybreak now play their proper audio every time. These guys may be deadly, but they’re not silent.
- The description text for the Remote Rocket Pod now clarifies that you can only detonate one of them at a time.
- Fixed a soft lock that would occur if a player died (via injury) while entering a vehicle at the same time. It sounds weird and hard to pull off, but it was totally happening.
- Fixed a number of localization issues.
Patch 4.2 for State of Decay 2 is already live.
We've got the full list of State of Decay 2 achievements - check the list for guides to unlocking them.
This game was featured in our 7 Horror Games That Deserve Sequels (And 3 That Don't) article. Why not check it out to see what else made the cut?
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.