For Bungie, October is bringing more than just Halloween events and festive rewards. The team announced some major changes coming to Destiny 2
this week, and they aren't limited to live events. Each update listed is set to begin today on the 16th and will affect both old and new Guardians alike, so be sure to take a look at the news.
Festival of the Lost
Continuing the trend of fall celebrations, the Festival of the Lost will be open to all Destiny 2
players. With it comes an exclusive event known as the Haunted Forest, which Bungie states is an invitation for Guardians to "confront their nightmares" during this time. The traditional masks, bounties, and rewards will appear as well. You can check out the trailer below.
Forsaken DLC Expansions
The launch of the "Forsaken" DLC came with quite a bit of criticism, and Bungie took it to heart according to their recent announcement. Effective today, the purchase of Destiny 2: Forsaken
will include the two expansions included in the Expansion Pass. Furthermore, every player that purchased the item previously will receive a special set of rewards for their trouble.
Iron Banner Returns
The Iron Banner event returns this month as well, bringing even more competition to the Crucible. Items will be available for purchase from Lord Saladin and Valor gains will be increased during this time-frame. Bounty Objectives have also been altered based on player feedback:
- Lightbearer: Reduced Super kills to 20 from 25
- Iron in the Blood: Reduced match completions to 15 from 30
- Shine On: Reduced Orbs generated to 50 from 100
- Iron Victory: Reduced match wins to 7 from 10
- To Be Precise: Reduced precision kills to 50 from 100
- All in a Week’s Work: Reduced kills to 150 from 250
In addition to the objective alterations, Bungie has noted that completion of bounties will now result in a "powerful" reward with the completion of each one. The event will end on October 23rd, so Guardians should join the fight while they can.
And finally, following up on all the fun is the latest Destiny 2
patch. Maintenance is set to begin throughout the day and it should be noted that the update is required to participate in the latest events. Besides tweaking small errors in the system, the team has also updated the community on currently known issues that are set to be fixed in the future:
- Reports of GUITAR errors within the "Last Wish" raid.
- Reports of the BrayTech Scout Rifle not appearing in Collections for some players.
- Reports of the Ascendant Challenge emblem not updating correctly.
- Reports of low FPS, which impacts gameplay.
Lastly, for those who aren't native English speakers, it might be of interest to know that Bungie has updated their Twitter accounts to include nine more languages to choose from. Otherwise, that's it for Destiny 2
updates. Be sure to comment your thoughts on the changes.
We've got the full list of Destiny 2 achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.Check out our Best Xbox First Person Shooters Available in 2018 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.