got its official launch and 1.0 patch last month. Since then, the developers have been firing on all cylinders to catch up to the PC version of the game, which received new weapons around the same time. Now the Xbox version has already caught up there, only a month or two behind. The latest patch brings weapons, vehicles, updates and Halloween cosmetics. Here's the lowdown on it all.
New Weapon: Beryl M762
- Added the Beryl M762, which is a new versatile Assault Rifle which spawns on Erangel, Miramar, and Sanhok.
- Beryl M762 uses 7.62mm ammunition and can load up to 30 rounds (40 with an extended magazine)
- The Beryl has upper and lower rails, allowing for scopes and a grip.
- It has lower per bullet damage than the AKM, but a higher firing rate, meaning higher DPS if you can control the kick.
New Weapon: MK47 Mutant
- MK47 Mutant can be acquired on all maps (Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok) through world spawn
- MK47 Mutant is an AR weapon using 7.62mm bullets and has a 20 round capacity, which can be upgraded to 30 rounds with an extended magazine.
- The Mutant has 2 firing modes: single shot and 2-round burst
- Almost all types of attachments can be used with the MK47, but it has no stock slot
New Sanhok-Exclusive Vehicle: Scooter
- Added a new two-seat vehicle, the Scooter, which is exclusive to Sanhok
- Both the scooter and 2-seater motorbike can be found on Sanhok
- Compared to the current motorbike, the Scooter has lower speed and an increased turning circle, but the same HP.
New Sanhok Exclusive Vehicle: Tukshai
- Added a new vehicle that will be exclusive to the Sanhok map
- The Tukshai is a 3 person vehicle that substitutes the UAZ, Dacia and Minibus
- The Tukshai is slower compared to the previous vehicles, but fits perfectly with Sahnok’s environment
- The below items have been added in STORE -> ITEMS available from Oct 25 3am PDT/12pm CEST - Nov 20 6pm PT/Nov 21 3am CET
- Maniacal Butcher Set - 10,000 BP
- Killer Clown Set - 1,800 G-Coin
- Ancient Mummy Set - 1,600 G-Coin
- Bloody Nurse Set - 2,100 G-Coin
- Sinister Skull Mask - 7,000 BP
- Pumpkin RIP-cord - 500 G-Coin
- Haunted Pumpkin Mask - Free upon lobby login until Nov 6 4pm PT/Nov 7 1am CET
- These sets are also sold in individual pieces.
Restructuring of the BP System
- Previously, we offered BP rewards based only on your ranking. Now, we’ve restructured the system to take into account both play time and ranking.
- Rewards have been restructured to equalize the differences in BP efficiency based on playing time for each Map and Mode.
- We’ve changed team rewards to be shared:
- You will no longer receive 4 times the BP because you were playing alone in a squad game
Added a new attachment: the Laser Sight
- Bullet spread is reduced when hip firing and soft-aiming
- The Laser Sight fits on weapons with a lower rail slot available, taking up the grip slot.
- Improved compass visibility by adding a shadow toggle on/off option
- Bluezone effect has been changed
- Added ‘TPP Aim Camera Position’ to options
- Reset to Right Shoulder (default setting)
- Camera will always be positioned above the character’s right shoulder
- Reset to Left Shoulder
- Camera will always be positioned above the character’s left shoulder
- Latest Peek Shoulder
- Camera position automatically moves to the direction you last leaned
- Latest Aim Shoulder
- Camera remains in the last ADS direction
- In this setting, the camera position won’t be changed by leaning while not in ADS or scoping
- Added the improved Marker/Ping System first introduced for testing on the 8/1 test server update
- Using (R) button, you can create a marker where you are aiming on the compass at the top of the screen (not visible in the world)
- All team members can see this marker on the compass
- After setting the marker, there is a 2 second cooldown before you can mark again
- The marker on the compass will automatically disappear after 5 seconds
- When the ping markers overlap, the closest located marker will be shown on top.
- Increased maximum sensitivity (10 ? 20)
- Added a key guide to the loading screen tips (XBOX image will be applied soon)
- Improved the design of the map markers
- This is thanks to feedback that some players were confusing the previous marker design with the player icon
- You can now report a player for Teaming, Gameplay interference, Verbal abuse.
- This can be done after the match is over
- Optimized weather effects to increase framerate - especially during rain
- Optimized cloud effects during free falling to increase framerate
- Improved performance by adjusting on-hit effects for various materials
- Improved server and client performance by optimizing the inner composition of the plane
- Increased the quality of optimization to reduce desync.
- We are testing out some potential fixes related to the "Lost Connection to Host" error, and in this update we rolled out a fix for an issue with data loading with skins that was causing this bug. Please leave us your feedback and reports if you continue to experience this bug. Thank you for your patience as we actively work to fix this issue.
- Fixed an issue where tooltips for the stun grenade did not accurately reflect its in-game effects
- Fixed an issue where characters were seen moving fast while prone when moving on slopes a certain way
- Fixed an issue where item mesh is sometimes difficult to distinguish from the floor in the police station in El Azahar in Miramar
- Fixed an issue where a dead player's loot box is sometimes buried in certain locations in Miramar
- Fixed an issue where characters can sometimes get stuck between the wall and vehicle while leaving the passenger seat when the vehicle is touching a wall
- Fixed an issue where in some situations in FPP, players could see through walls
- Fixed an issue where the sawed-off wasn't listed in the attachable weapon list tooltip of the shotgun choke
- Fixed an issue where sometimes players would not get transferred to the starting plane, and instead start the match from the initial spawn location
- Fixed an issue where the under certain conditions, character models could appear stuck in the crouch position
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the fuel gauge of vehicles wasn't in sync with the visual display on the dashboard
- Fixed an issue where in rare instances, players could be teleported to an entirely different location while on Sanhok
- Fixed the issue where a character on board a vehicle would sometimes be shown as immobile in a very different location
- Fixed the issue where a character who is driving in a vehicle is created in an unspecified location
- Fixed the issue where the gun of the person you are spectating is sometimes not rendered, causing problems when the gun goes into ADS mode
- Fixed the issue where weapons are sometimes shown in locations different from where the character is holding them
- Fixed the issue where approaching a window with glass and throwing a throwable could sometimes cause the camera to temporarily zoom in and out
- Fixed the issue where approaching a corpse while lying down could sometimes cause the camera to zoom in
- Fixed the issue where sometimes a character standing at the very edge of the sea on Sanhok would be shown as falling out of the sky
- Fixed the issue where the Bluezone UI timer occasionally decreases by 2 seconds
- Fixed the issue where an underwater character is unable to move to land because the terrain is shown as stuttering
- Fixed the issue where colliding with an object while driving in a UAZ deals comparatively more damage than other vehicles
- Fixed the issue where the firing mode of a gun that has been dropped and picked up again is reset to default settings
- Fixed the issue where the vaulting action was not working properly with certain building windows in Sanhok
- Fixed the issue where an afterimage sometimes remains on other players' screen when repeatedly arming/unarming
- Fixed the issue where the AR compensator on the SLR was not reducing the horizontal recoil
- Fixed the issue where a character cannot peek while over a gas can
- Fixed the issue where frame drop occured when the weather was rainy and the character was swimming in the water when the perspective changed from under to above water
- Fixed the issue where the HP gauge was displayed red in certain conditions
- Fixed an issue where grenade impact sounds were not played when interacting with certain surfaces on Sanhok
- Fixed an issue where in some specific situations there was less weapon recoil than intended
- Fixed the issue where after exiting the game while armed, the character model would appear to shake
- Fixed the issue where picking up sound was output, but was not able to pick up the item from a certain distance
- Fixed the issue where the exact direction of other player's footstep sound was hard to comprehend
The latest update is available now.
We've got the full list of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.Check out our Best Xbox MMOs Available in 2018 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.