Back in June, the developer revealed they wouldn't be adding any more new content to Friday the 13th: The Game
due to a legal claim
over the rights to the IP. Despite this, the team promised they would still support the title into the future, and a patch has arrived with the latest round of bug fixes and quality of life improvements.
The main point of the patch was to fix collision issues and floating objects across a range of maps and characters. You can see the full patch notes below.
- Fixed an issue where Jason’s throwing knives sometimes ignored car collision
- Fixed an issue that prevented Pamela’s laugh from playing at the end of a round
- Fixed an issue that could result in a Counselor not being killed if they have the Thick-Skinned Perk equipped
- Fixed an issue that prevented the loading screen images from cycling
- Fixed an issue that could allow Counselors to continue holding items while being grabbed by Jason
- Fixed an issue that could result in the morph cursor not appearing on Xbox One.
- Fixed an issue that could cause display errors with blood and wood particles on Pinehurst
- Fixed an issue that could cause graphical artifacts in Packanack Lodge
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from picking up the shotgun if it spawns on top of a barrel in Higgins Haven
- Fixed an issue that could cause Counselor players to become stuck in a falling animation from barrels in Pinehurst
- Fixed an exploit that could allow Counselors to hide from Jason behind the graveyard fence in Higgins Haven
- Fixed the fence collision on Higgins Haven that could cause irregular car behavior
- Fixed an issue that allowed Counselors to walk on a bed in Pfeiffer Flat Cabin on Crystal Lake Small
- Fixed an issue that would prevent players from picking up a pocket knife if it spawned on a barrel in Higgins Haven
- Fixed an issue that could occur when using boat while holding bear trap
- Fixed a floating campfire in Pinehurst
- Fixed a floating wooden box in Pinehurst
- Fixed a collision issue with army bag in Higgins Haven
- Fixed a collision issue with a bed in Crystal Lake Small
- Fixed a collision issue with a pile of rocks in Higgins Haven Small
- Fixed some floating boxes and crates in Pinehurst
- Fixed a floating vase in Pinehurst
- Fixed collisions with a rock pile in Crystal Lake
- Fixed a floating campfire in Packanack Small
- Fixed collision with a bucket in Packanack Small
- Fixed a floating trash can in Packanack Small
While the legal claim has now been settled and did find in favour of Gun Media, with a few minor exceptions, they have made it clear that they will not be adding any more maps and characters to the game. Instead, developer Black Tower Studios, who took over from Illfonic back in September, will now be in charge of providing support and development of the game for the future. Black Tower's first patch is available now.
We've got the full list of Friday the 13th: The Game achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.