Blue Mammoth Games' Brawlhalla
has been out for less than a month on Xbox One, but a major update is already out for the free-to-play fighter. The chief addition in patch 3.33 is the introduction of a new fighter: Dusk. This "Renegade Sorcerer" wields a new weapon — the Orb — as well as a Spear, and is looking to overthrow both Aelfheim and Asgard. Check him out in action below.
Dusk may have been the major focus of update 3.33, but those who watched the video will know that there's also other changes on the way. As such, the full patch notes are as follows:
New Legend – Dusk
- Dusk – “The Renegade Sorcerer”
- Weapons: Orb (a new Weapon made from stone and magic!), Spear
- Stats: 6 Strength, 7 Dexterity, 4 Defense, 5 Speed
Dusk enters with 3 new Skins:
New Weapon – Orb
- Raven Shaman Dusk – “The mystic arts shouldn’t be toyed with.”
- Thornwood Dusk – “Seeks to eclipse the Fangwild in a canopy of thorns.”
- Imperial Lord Dusk – “Punishment will be swift.”
- The Orb is a new Weapon brought into Valhalla by Dusk!
- He molded it from stone and magic, crafting it during his imprisonment.
- The Orb introduces a new mechanic to Brawlhalla. By using the Down Air, the Orb can bounce off of hard surfaces, like walls or platforms.
- Dusk is the first Legend wielding Orb, but not the last! More Legends using the Orb will be released in the future.
Brawl of the Week – KO Mania!
- Rayman’s price has been reduced and is now priced at 5400g!
- Skysail and Synthwave Chest now available with exclusive Skins!
- Check out the new sales items!
Square off against your opponent in this hard hitting KO fest. Chew through your foe’s 5 Stocks with damage cranked up to an insane 300%! Send your challenger into orbit before they know what hit them. First to 5 KOs wins! Game Improvements
New controller option: Improved Joysticks
- Improved memory clean up on consoles by making it multi-threaded, allowing it to complete its task faster. Forced memory clean up to occur when loading a match and reduced its frequency, so it is unlikely to occur during a typical match. This allows for smoother gameplay framerates on consoles (less likely to drop multiple frames).
- Added a Close camera setting, intended for handheld play but available on all platforms.
- Choosing random Defeat Taunt will now randomly choose between all owned Taunts instead of defaulting to only Facepalm.
- Improved UI render performance of player names during gameplay.
- Adjusted the art of Rocket Lance during side light active frames to better visually match the threat of the move.
- This will be on by default for all players on all platforms.
- If you’re on Steam, PS4, or XBox One, this is the joystick interpretation you’re used to.
- If you’re on Switch, this will be different. To revert back to the way the sticks used to work, uncheck the “Improved Joysticks” box.
- If the box is unchecked, the joystick interpretation will be straightforward with each of the 4 directions functioning completely independently from each other. If your stick is at least halfway in a direction, that direction will be considered held.
- If the box is left checked, the joystick interpretation will try to be smarter about how it determines your stick direction. First, it will take the stick’s position relative to your thumb into account since what most people input as “up” on the stick is slightly affected by where the stick is relative to the base of their thumb.
- Fixed UI bug causing the arrows above players to not reflect team color when playing on console.
- Fixed UI bug causing bot names to not correctly update when changing Legends during the Strikeout game mode.
- Mammoth Megafan Sidekick from the BCX 2018 Pack now has the correct in-game display name.
- Fixed minor graphical issues with Rayman’s head in character select.
- Fixed bug causing the Kung Foot game mode icon to not correctly appear during character select.
- In Kung Foot, fixed some rare visual bugs where the ball’s spinning would change direction or accelerate without reason.
- Fixed a replay bug where the marker on the replay timeline wouldn’t update correctly in game modes that force teams to be on.
- Fixed a rare bug that could cause the pause menu to display over the scoreboard and lock up the game as a result.
This week Rayman makes his first debut on the Rotation list! The new Legend rotation also includes: Asuri, Cassidy, Koji, Scarlet, Jiro, Xull, and Queen Nai.
- Rayman – The Champion of the Glade of Dreams, wielding his Gauntlets and Axe, has found his way into Valhalla on a mission to save his home.
- Asuri – This Night Stalker has claimed the Tournament as her territory and sets upon challengers to her domain using Katars and Sword!
- Cassidy – The Marshal of the Old West is ready to instill justice into Valhalla with both Hammer and Blasters!
- Koji – Armed with his ancestral katana, Koji slices his way through the battlefield with Sword and Bow!
- Scarlet – A former female boxing champion of England and head of the Royal Airship Navy, this Legend uses her ingenuity and steam power to build her own Rocket Lance and Grappling Hammer to take into battle.
- Jiro – Trained as a child by a powerful and secret shinobi family, Jiro comes into the arena with not only Scythe and Sword but shadow clones as well!
- Xull – With legendary physical strength, this Axe and Cannon wielding Orc Warlord is ready to challenge everyone and everything in Valhalla!
- Queen Nai – With each victory nourishing the gods of her people, Queen Nai has come wielding Katars, Spear, and her powerful sorcery.
All of these changes, fixes and improvements are out now for Brawlhalla
We've got the full list of Brawlhalla achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.Check out our Best Xbox Fighting Games Available in 2018 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.