If you are new to planet Earth, you might not be aware of this little event called the Gears of War 3
beta. If this is the case, welcome, we hope you enjoy our nitrogen/oxygen atmosphere, the presence of liquid dihydrogen monoxide and the existence of this amazing Xbox 360 console. Since you might be trying to re-acclimate yourself to the world of gaming, we'd like to give you a quick breakdown on what to expect from the hottest beta of the Spring.Gears of War 3 Beta What is a beta?
A public video game beta gives developers the chance to see the multiplayer portion of their game "in the wild" and in the hands of the gamers who are most likely going to play it. This gives developers a chance to properly balance a game, find bugs and make other, general improvements and fixes to it before it goes gold. It's very important to keep in mind that this is not a finished product, the game is still being tweaked, polished and developed, so you can expect a handful of bugs, glitches and problems. As a beta tester, you can give developers a HUGE hand by reporting these issues so that they can be remedied before the game goes gold. How do I get in the Gears of War 3 beta?
There are several ways you can participate in the beta. The first of which is if you own the Epic Edition of https://www.trueachievements.com/Bulletstorm-xbox-360.htm
. The game includes an invite to the beta.
Secondly, by preordering Gears of War 3
at a participating retailer
you will receive a code that can get you in to the beta.
Finally, and most shadily, several Epic employees have been "giving away" codes via Twitter since Friday. Unfortunately, most of these codes are gone and/or require you to do some strange stuff
to get them.
To participate in the beta, you must also have an Xbox LIVE Gold membership.When does the beta begin?
Officially, the beta begins for Bulletstorm
Epic Edition owners on Monday, April 18th at 2AM Pacific Standard Time
. Gamers who obtained their beta codes through pre-ordering Gears of War 3 will get in next week, on April 25th.
Unofficially, the beta has already started if you were lucky enough to get a code from one of Epic's staffers or other media outlet.When does the beta end?
The beta is scheduled to end on May 15th.What does the beta include?
The beta will give gamers access to three new multiplayer modes and four exclusive maps -- all running on dedicated servers.
In the beta you can play Team Deathmatch mode on the four new maps (Thrashball, Checkout, Trenches, and Old Town); Capture the Leader and King of the Hill gameplay modes will be added later in the beta period. Also, be sure to look out for a surprise event weekend that you won't want to miss.
In the beta you will also be able to play as the following characters:COG Models
6. Thrashball Cole (Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period. To permanently unlock, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the Beta period.)
7. Prescott (CTL only)Locust Models
1. Standard Drone
2. Savage Grenadier
3. Flame Grenadier
5. Savage Theron
6. Myrrah (CTL only)What's in it for me?
Aside from getting to test out the multiplayer for one of the biggest games of the fall, Epic has sweetened the deal by giving players the following, unlockable perks for being beta testers:
* Flaming Hammerburst
- Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 to permanently unlock.
* Flaming Lancer
- Complete one match during the week of April 25 to permanently unlock.
* Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun
- Complete one match during the week of May 2 to permanently unlock.
* Flaming Gnasher Shotgun
Complete one match during the week of May 9 to permanently unlock.
* Beta Tester Medal
- Complete one match in the Beta to permanently unlock.
* Thrashball Cole
- Unlock Thrashball Cole to play as Augustus Cole as he was before Emergence Day -- a legendary Thrashball athlete known for his ferocious, flamboyant style. Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period. To permanently unlock, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the Beta period.
* Gold-Plated Retro Lancer
- Before the chainsaw bayonet was deployed at the beginning of the Locust-Human War, the original Lancer assault rifle had a large fixed blade. Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period. To permanently unlock, score 100 kills with the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer during the Beta period.
So, once again, welcome to Earth, you picked a lovely time to arrive. As always, full and complete details on the beta can be found on Epic's Official FAQ
for the beta (registration to the forums is required to view).