There is good news - Aksys has announced that they will be releasing a patch in May for BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
, and one of the things that it will be fixing is the previously unobtainable achievements for the "Additional Playable Character 'Valkenhayn R. Hellsing'" DLC.
The patch will also be addressing the game balance between this game and the arcade version of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II
. This includes "all of the character balance changes, additional system mechanics, and game engine adjustments". Finally, there will be new additional Challenge Mode content for each character and the Tutorial Mode section will be revised. Here's a full list of changes that will be included in the update:
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Update Details
• New character Platinum the Trinity added
• Game balance updated to BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II
• New achievements and trophies added for the character Platinum the Trinity
• Updated Ranked Match interface and matchmaking procedure
• Improved measures for better online latency
• Improved countermeasures for disconnecting players in Ranked Match
• New simplified chat messages added for Player Match rooms
• Addressed an issue where Valkenhayn’s achievements could not be obtained (Xbox 360 Version)
• Added an ad banner to be displayed on certain game screens
• Various other bug fixes
One of the things that you may have noticed from that list is the additional character Platinum the Trinity. Platinum will be released as DLC that will include all of Platinum’s 24 colours and the Unlimited version of Platinum. As with Makoto Nanaya and Valkenhayn R. Hellsing, there will be new achievements with the add-on.
Between the gender confusion and cool magical-item-based gameplay, Platinum will be a joy to play for both fans of cute adorable things and hardcore fighting game enthusiasts alike!
Platinum the Trinity is due to be released in May and will be priced at 560 MSP.