To celebrate the third anniversary of Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2
, PopCap Games has released a festive new update for fans, featuring new battle settings, additional customization sets, and a brand new game mode to capture a taco. So check out all the new changes coming in the December update.
Capture the Taco Mode
Yes, you heard correctly. Available now is the "Capture the Taco" mode, inside the Backyard Battleground. Inspired by Garden Warfare's
Taco Bandits, the gameplay is similar to Capture the Flag; the goal is to be the first team to nab the taco and score, winning the tasty reward of a... well, a taco. This Mystery Portal event is available until December 17th, so hurry before it's too late.
New Settings and Customization
With the arrival of Mystery Portal events comes a brand new batch of additional settings as well, perfect to use for the new game mode:
- Berserker: Go out with cobs blazing! In Berserker, your damage increases as your health gets lower.
- Healing Auras: With no passive health regeneration, you’ll provide healing vibes only by standing near your teammates.
- Crazy Regeneration: This one is practically opposite from Healing Auras. With Crazy Regeneration, passive health regeneration is lightning fast.
- All Legendary, All Random: Ready to get random? With this setting, you’ll play as randomly assigned Legendary-only characters.
Included with the settings are six brand new, full character costumes for both Torchwood and Hover Goat-3000. You can find them through Rux until up until January. But don't worry, these items will reappear sometimes in the future if you can't grab them now. If you have yet to collect these two players in the Trails of Gnomus, another opportunity will appear in the Torch and Tail Upgrade PDLC. If you unlocked them prior to December 13th, you'll receive a random customer for both.
And finally, with the taco-licious update comes a few small bug fixes:
- Fixed performance drops for players in multiplayer matches when another player levels up
- Fixed some out of world issues
- Fixed the soccer minigame buff in the Backyard so it can’t be retained
- Fixed a bug where players were able to retain low gravity in a normal gravity area as Imp
- Fixed an issue with the Customization Booth and King of the Hill where the music did not play
So jump back into Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2
and snag yourself a taco before the season ends.
We've got the full list of Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.This game was featured in our Best Xbox Third Person Shooters Available in 2018 article. Why not check it out to see what else made the cut?