Last month, Ubisoft Annecy introduced a new PvP mode for Steep
. While the mode is still in beta, the developer is making improvements and bug fixes to make the player experience better. They've released another patch for the mode today, which adds more multiplayer playlists, tutorials, and character items, as well as the usual round of fixes.
The PvP mode teams players up with three others as they take on a range of different challenges in the Alps. At the start of the match, the playlist is randomised but will contain challenges with the same theme, such as "race, freestyle, rocket wingsuit, and wingsuit". Players try each challenge twice before the most successful player is declared the winner. Today's patch adds two new playlists, multiplayer tutorials, and other features you can see in the full patch notes below.
- Added 2 new multiplayer playlists with new challenges. They will be included in the playlists rotation starting in January.
- Global increase in the amount of XP you get by completing PvP playlists.
- Added PvP multiplayer tutorials in the Game Learning section (Options -> Game Learning).
- Added new character items, more info here.
- Fixed an issue where players could spawn in the air after finishing the X Games Big Air event.
- Fixed an issue with G Force in the Twin Pipe challenge.
- Steampunk pack item will no longer randomly disappear. Forever #SteepPunk
- Fixed minor graphical issues with the Season 2 backpack and the Salomon Jacket.
- Fixed some crashes.
- Fixed some minor localization issues.
The patch goes live today and will be 1.9 GB in size.
We've got the full list of Steep achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.