Alongside the launch of "Fortune Island", Playground Games also released the fourth update for Forza Horizon 4
, bringing with it a host of new content and experiences as well as a slew of fixes and improvements. The highlights of the update are the Horizon Life MP Update, improvements to Photo Mode and the Horizon Holiday Party.
The Horizon Life MP Update will allow players to create a multiplayer event, post it to the Activity Panel and then return to Freeroam while waiting for other players to join. The previous 40-second limit has now been removed, so you can wait for as long as you like for players to join before starting the session.
Improvements have also been made to Photo Mode. Players can now separately toggle vehicle lights, drivers, wildlife, and crowds in order to get their photographs just the way they want them. In addition, there are new bokeh, focus, and sampling options, as well as an increased freedom of movement with the photo camera.
Of course, it is the holiday season, and Forza Horizon 4
players will be able to get in the spirit with a selection of new holiday-themed items. Twelve new festive clothing options are all available from Season Events, The Trial, Wheelspins, and the Forzathon Shop.
The full list of improvements and fixes the update brings can be found below:
Cross Platform FixesForza Horizon 4
- Emotes can now occasionally be found for purchase in the #Forzathon shop.
- Improved visibility of driving line on mini-map in various colorblind modes.
- Added messaging to inform players that Cars and Credits must be claimed from the Auction House within 60 days.
- Added an LSP error message to make users aware they need an update to the game.
- Seasonal Event names are now shown on the map, making them easier to find.
- Made a change to allow users who use manual gears to view the map during Route Creation.
- Fixed an exploit in Route Creator which allowed players to create routes to easily gain a large number of skill points.
- Fixed an exploit in Rivals which allowed players to use cars that did not meet the event restrictions.
- Fixed an issue where players who flipped cars, or missed checkpoints were not being reset in Ranked Adventure.
- Fixed an issue where players could not remove glasses in the Character Customizer.
- Fixed an issue where players could sometimes get stuck in a Car Mastery Tree, and be unable to navigate from their current tile.
- Fixed an issue where players were occasionally being teleported to their last created Route Blueprint after a Seasonal Championship.
- Fixed an issue where the Distance Driven stat was not updating correctly if the player changed their car via the Pause Menu
- Various stability improvements.
- Fixed an issue where benchmark mode for Nvidia cards would sometimes show performance degradation when there was none.
- Fixed an issue where the latest Windows 10 OS was causing a crash when entering speed zones.
- Fixed infrequent frame drops when using AMD Radeon R9 290X
- Improved non-standard functions that have been mapped to a controller.
- Fixed extreme sudden movements to wheels during initialization.
- Fixed the grinding noise in cockpit view when shifting with the Logitech G920.
- Fixed the deadzones settings functionality for Throttle, Brake, Clutch and Steering.
- Added UI to make it clearer which way to turn the wheel when mapping a Steering Wheel.
Update 4 is live now.
We've got the full list of Forza Horizon 4 achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.Check out our Best Racing Games article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.