A special event for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
is now live, giving double XP in Zombies and Multiplayer and double Merits in Blackout, with a special Blackout game mode for the duration of the event:
2XP now live in Multiplayer and Zombies through 10AM PT Monday, Dec. 17.
2X Merits now live in Blackout through 10AM PT Monday, Dec. 17.Limited Time Mode
Close Quarters Frenzy (Quads) now live in Blackout through 10AM PT Monday, Dec. 17.Character Missions
- Increased the chances of finding a Character Mission item in a Zombies Stash.
- Increased the number of Zombies Stashes that can include Character Mission items per match.
An earlier version of the time-limited Close Quarters Frenzy game mode game mode appeared in the Blackout Beta, but this time around Treyarch has added more weapons and improved the gameplay. The rules are simple:
- Outrun an even faster Collapse than usual.
- Take out your enemies using only SMGs, shotguns, pistols, launchers, and melee weapons.
- Don’t die.
Treyarch has also shared some information about the upcoming addition of Blackout Weapon Camos and Custom Games:
support is coming to Blackout across the entire mode, including in Custom Games. Here’s how it works, with more details to come with our next update:
Blackout Custom Games
- Camos earned in Multiplayer, Zombies, and the Black Market can be applied in Blackout.
- Players set up their Weapon Camos in the new Armory menu prior to a match.
- Player will see their selected camos applied when they pick up those weapons in-game.
- Support will be included for Blackout Custom Games.
will allow players to drop into their own private match to explore the map, visit destinations at their own pace, and practice Black Ops 4’s battle royale experience with teams of friends. As a starting point, Custom Games in Blackout will be introduced with a maximum player count of 12. As with all features in Black Ops 4, this will evolve over time as we evaluate how players are engaging with the system, and that includes increasing player count and expanding feature support.
At launch next week, Blackout Custom Games will support:
- Up to 12 players per match
- Solos, Duos, or Quads
- Weapon Camo support
- Full character customization support
- Online only to ensure each Custom Game is up-to-date
Treyarch has kicked off a new intel video series with a look at the history of the iconic Nuketown multiplayer map. The DECLASSIFIED video series features inside knowledge from the developers, and this one explains what level designer Adam Hoggatt was thinking when he came up with the Nuketown concept.
More information about upcoming changes to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
is available here
We've got the full list of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.Check out our Best Xbox First Person Shooters Available in 2018 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.