Earlier this week, Team17 and Ghost Town Games teased
some festive content on the way for Overcooked! 2
. Now that we've reached the end of the week, they've fully revealed "Kevin's Christmas Cracker" to the world.
The free update will add more of pretty much everything of what we love from the base game: five Christmas-themed kitchens, three seasonally-appropriate new recipes — mince pies, Christmas pudding and hot chocolate — and two chefs with the elf and the snowman. In addition, a practice mode will be added with unlimited time and unlimited orders to allow players to cook as much as they want and additional online features including the ability for two local players to play against two other local players. You can see most of the new content in action in the reveal trailer below.
At the same time as the update, Team17 and Ghost Town Games took some time to make a few changes and bug fixes with a new patch. As such, the full patch notes are below:
CONSOLE PATCH NOTESChanges:
- Kevin’s Christmas Cracker Update – New content available in the Extras menu
- New Practice Mode available on the Campaign World Map
- Invites to join an online party will now let all local players join (two local players playing with two other local players over an online connection is now supported)
- Added Traditional Chinese as a supported language on PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- The Onion King will have a different set of lines if revisiting the throne room
- Fixed an issue where clients could achieve the 4th Star in online games before unlocking New Game+
- Fixed an issue where the framerate would briefly drop on some levels when ingredients spawned onto conveyor belts
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements
"Kevin's Christmas Cracker" is available now as a free update for Overcooked! 2
We've got the full list of Overcooked! 2 achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.