Happy new year! Now that January has begun, it means that two new games are available for Xbox LIVE Gold members to download for free through January's Games with Gold
On the Xbox One, Celeste
is available to download for free until February 1st.Download From the Microsoft Store
Help Madeline survive her inner demons on her journey to the top of Celeste Mountain, in this super-tight, hand-crafted platformer from the creators of multiplayer classic TowerFall.
- A narrative-driven, single-player adventure like mom used to make, with a charming cast of characters and a touching story of self-discovery
- A massive mountain teeming with 700+ screens of hardcore platforming challenges and devious secrets
- Brutal B-side chapters to unlock, built for only the bravest mountaineers
- IGF “Excellence in Audio” finalist, with over 2 hours of original music led by dazzling live piano and catchy synth beats
The controls are simple and accessible - simply jump, air-dash, and climb - but with layers of expressive depth to master, where every death is a lesson. Lightning-fast respawns keep you climbing as you uncover the mysteries of the mountain and brave its many perils.
This is it, Madeline. Just breathe. You can do this.
On both the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One via backwards compatibility
, Gold members can download the XBLA title Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
from now until January 15th.Download From the Microsoft Store
Experience the first ever co-op action-adventure game featuring Lara Croft. Team up with a friend or go at it alone as you traverse and solve deadly traps, fight hordes of undead enemies, and collect over 60 artifacts and relics. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light offers fast-paced action and breathtaking visuals shown through an isometric view.
Finally, Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
continues to be available to download for free until January 15th.Download From the Microsoft Store Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) Full Achievement Walkthrough
Built in partnership with the Alaska Native community, Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) delves deeply into the traditional lore of the Iñupiat people of the Arctic to present a game experience like no other.
Never Alone is an atmospheric puzzle platformer for 1- or 2-players.
- Switch between characters at any time.
- Explore 8 sweeping chapters
- Encounter traditional Alaska Native story characters.
- Unlock special Insights to share the wisdom, stories and perspective of the Iñupiat people.
Will you be downloading any of the new Games with Gold titles?Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.