A release date for Koichi Yotsui's latest arcade action game, Moon Diver
, has finally been confirmed for the Xbox 360. The side-scrolling hack-and-slash arcade game will be released on XBLA on May 4th, 2011.
The game brings players into the dawn of the 22nd century, where an evil power has brought inanimate objects to life. These objects have turned on humanity, including bridges, vehicles, and even cities. An elite unit of specially trained ninja, the Moondivers, are amongst humanity’s survivors of the apocalypse. They have been lying in wait for their orders to reclaim the planet, and these orders have now arrived. The battle to retake Earth begins.
Here is a breakdown of the game's features:
• The Diver System allows players to jump in or out at any time, for a maximum of up to four players total. Guest players are awarded experience points for helping out.
• Combos increase in power and intensity based on the number of players. Collect new combo moves by picking them up on the map or fulfilling certain requirements.
• Adjust the difficulty level at any time with the Chaos Accelerator. Higher levels are rewarded with enhanced visuals and greater experience points. Players set the challenge rating as they see fit.
• 12 stages to explore and master.
• Local and online co–op for up to four players.
• Character designs by Roberto Ferrari (formerly of Tatsunoko).
Players will battle hordes of enemies and gigantic bosses. There will be a character levelling system, and "a number of unique, selectable, upgradeable and cooperatively combinable character special abilities called “MoonSault Combinations” which can dramatically alter the field of play at any moment — from powerful area–of–effect attacks to critical passive power boosts to simple, yet effective, invisibility".
Here is the launch trailer, released when Moon Diver
became available on the Playstation Network; this will give you a fairly good idea of what to expect:
Moon Diver will be priced at 1200 MSP.