Despite Assassin's Creed
taking a year off in 2019, Ubisoft still has plans to amuse fans of the franchise with plenty of content for their latest title Assassin's Creed Odyssey
. That content will continue to arrive throughout January and involves DLC, free story content, a new enemy, new items and new features.
On January 15th, players will be able to take on the second episode of the "Legacy of the First Blade" DLC. In "Shadow Heritage", players will have to find out why the Order of the Ancients has created a blockade around the port city of Achaia. The requirements for starting the episode are to have completed the DLC's first episode, "Hunted", and the Naxos questline found in Chapter 7 of the main game, as well as being character level 28 or above.
There will be a continuation of the episodic questline The Lost Tales of Greece too as episodes 4 and 5 will be on their way. The fourth episode is "The Daughters of Lalaia" and will begin with a quest called "The Village" that's found in Phokis. While not compulsory, the developer recommends players are at least character level 13. The episode will be released "early this month". The fifth episode, "A Poet's Legacy", will begin with a quest called "Praxilla's Admirer" that's found in Boetia. This one recommends players at a minimum of character level 34. Both episodes require players to have reached Chapter 5 of the main game too. This episode will be released "near the end of the month".
There will be a new mythical creature found on a volcanic island in the Angry Caldera of Arges. Arges, who's otherwise known as the Bright One, is a Cyclops, which means he's very large and formidable. If you best him, you'll earn his legendary weapon the Hammer of Hephaistos. Unsurprisingly, Ubisoft recommends you're at a higher character level of at least 50 when trying to take him on.
Finally, there are some new items and features that will be added through an update:
- The Dionysos Pack contains a gear set, mount and a legendary dagger. As always, this pack will be available in the store and at the Oikos of the Olympians at the same time.
- In addition, the Athena Character & Naval Pack will arrive later this month.
- The new title update will bring to the game one of the most requested feature: the Level Scaling setting. Visit the options menu to find it; from there players will be able to customize how drastically the enemies will scale to their level. The option will not be available in Nightmare Difficulty mode to maintain its challenging nature.
- Two new tiers will be added to the Mercenary Ladder.
- A new vendor will be added to the game. Hephaistos’ Workshop can be found in the Myson Cave in the Malis region.
You can see all of this upcoming content in action in the January Monthly Update trailer below.
While we know "Shadow Heritage" will be arriving on January 15th, we don't know exactly when to expect any of the game's free content. As soon as we hear more about the update and its release, we'll be sure to let you know.
We've got the full list of Assassin's Creed Odyssey achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.Check out our Best Xbox Stealth Games Available in 2018 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.