If you've been looking forward for something fresh to do in Red Dead Online
, today's update will help. Rockstar are introducing a new mode called Gun Rush, and it's basically Battle Royale.
As Rockstar describe it, players will be "gathering weapons and ammunition while the play area shrinks in this new mode for up to 32 players." Sound familiar?
Gun Rush will be available for solos and teams, and of course the last man standing wins the game. Rockstar have also promised more Races and Showdowns, new clothing and new emotes later down the line. The studio will also be introducing some other changes based on player feedback:
- Daily Challenges: These challenges will cover every aspect of the game, from shooting to running from the law.
- Law and Bounty systems are changing to reduce the advantages of griefing. Players will be given a bounty for committing "crimes" and will be prompted to pay it within a given time, otherwise bounty hunters will come after them.
- An improved Parley system should help players avoid their more aggressive contemporaries, while Feuds will be easier to access so that players can go after one another in a fairer, more structured manner.
- Player dots on the map will soon only be visible over short distances, reducing the likelihood of being targeted across large areas. Rockstar are also looking at making griefing players more visible as their crimes against their fellow player increases.
Later, Rockstar will introduce more missions in the Horley and Jessica LeClerk arc, along with some new faces. More Dynamic Events will be added, as well as more competitive modes, more weapons and more clothes.
The latest Red Dead Online
update should be available today.
We've got the full list of Red Dead Redemption 2 achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.Check out our Best Xbox Third Person Shooters Available in 2018 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.