As any avid Gwent player will know, Gwent: The Witcher Card Game came with one glaringly unobtainable achievement upon leaving the beta. Though there was no news from Projekt Red on fixing it, a solution has arrived with the latest patch, the Thronebreaker Leaders Update.
This means that for those who were unable to collect the "Shiny!" achievement, they can once again boot up the game to claim it. This appears to be the only unobtainable achievement in the game, however, any others achievement issues that players experienced should also be fixed.
Note that if you haven't received the achievement from booting up the game, you may need to recreate a premium card to collect it instead. Arriving alongside the fixed achievements are new Thronebreaker leaders as well, and even a few extra features for Xbox users. You can check out the new additions below:
Plenty of other changes are taking place with the update, including general bug fixes and alterations on provisions to established cards. The full patch notes can be found on the official site. In the meantime, players can see the new leaders in action in yet another livestream from the Gwent team as well.
- Added an option on consoles to enable the simultaneous animation of all premium cards present on the screen. Current players must manually activate this feature in settings. For new players, this feature is enabled by default.
- The game-start "handshake" screen showing premium cards now runs smoother on PC.
- End-of-game animations now correctly display at the end of the game.
- After a player ends the turn or passes the round, there is no longer a delay for the action to switch to the other player while the Leaders finish their animations.
- Round-end animations are now more streamlined, with Summoned and Doomed units clearing from the board simultaneously.
- Players now draw cards simultaneously.
- New Monsters Leader: Gernichora
- New Nilfgaard Leader: Ardal aep Dahy
- New Northern Realms Leader: Queen Meve
- New Scoia'tael Leader: Eldain
- New Skellige Leader: Arnjolf the Patricide
- New page in the Reward Book for new Leader Trees and Year Tree
- New controls have been added for gamepads (Xbox One / PS4):
- LB,RB / L1,R1: Jump to the leftmost or rightmost side of a row.
- LT / L2: Switch between opponent and player graveyards.
- X / Square: Select your Leader.
- Using a gamepad, the targeting cursor no longer resets each time after using an ability if the ability can be used more than once. It will now remain on the same card on which it was last used.
The patch is now live, so enjoy the completion!
We've got the full list of Gwent: The Witcher Card Game achievements - check the list for guides to unlocking them.
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.