At the latter end of last year, the open-world landscape of Fortuna was introduced to Warframe players. The new area of Venus is now at the centre of the game's latest update — Fortuna: The Profit-Taker — that brings along new missions, more lore to discover, and giant robotic spiders, because the latter is just what everybody wanted.
Nef Anyo has complete control of the Orb Vallis. Supply lines have been cut off and nobody has been able to enter or leave the area for a while. If that's ever going to change, players need to take down an Orb Mother mechanical spider-boss known as the Profit-Taker that's found by the Enrichment Labs on Fortuna's outskirts. She's one of Fortuna's biggest enemies, protected by Sentient overshield technology. Due to her invulnerability to ordinary weapons fire, she'll need the Archwing's biggest weapons to defeat her. The Archguns have previously only been able to be equipped in space, but now they can be added to Warframes that are on foot, as long as you've earned them. Team up with Solaris United to find her weak spots and get the job done.
A new Warframe is also available. By nature, Baruuk is a pacifist, but you don't want to get on the wrong side of him and push him too far. His abilities are:
- Elude: Dodge all incoming projectiles, but only while not attacking. Edge closer to the brink with each projectile dodge.
- Lull: A calming wave slows enemies until they fall into a slumber. Enemies woken by damage will be confused and disoriented.
- Subdue: Summon a bevy of orbiting daggers to seek out enemy guns, destroying them with a small explosion. Combine with Untouchable to double the range.
- Serene Storm: With his Restraint eroded, Baruuk commands the Desert Wind to deliver powerful radial strikes with his fists and feet. Each moment commanding the storm restores his Restraint.
As if the Profit-Taker wasn't going to be occupying your time, The Business has discovered three more species in the Vallis and he has Echo-Lures to help you to capture them before the Corpus wipes them out. If you manage to save all three species, you'll earn a Conservation Badge and new Floofs.
- Sawgaw - This crimson-faced bird of prey stalks the cliffs and fungal groves of Venus, searching for rodent prey.
- Horrasque - This hideous creature is terrible to behold but will not attack unless provoked. When it does, its roar will shake the bowels of even the most steadfast tracker.
- Stover - The Stover is, in essence, a proto-Kubrow that resurrected when Venus thawed. When grouped in a pack, Stovers are relentless opponents.
Finally, players can visit Little Duck to get access to new Operator Amps and Arcanes. The marketplace has received new weapons and customisations, such as hairstyles and Ventkid Cosmetics, while there are a host of new weapons, mods and customisations too. You can find a list of these items, as well as the quality of life improvements made to the game at the game's official website. For now, check out the content in action in the trailer below.
Fortuna: The Profit-Taker is available now.
We've got the full list of Warframe achievements - check the list for guides to unlocking them.
This game was featured in our Best Xbox MMOs Available in 2018 article. Why not check it out to see what else made the cut?
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.