Jeff Rubenstein from Xbox Wire recently got the chance to play a part of the Crackdown 3 campaign and shared some insights about the gameplay experience. The key points are summarised below, or you can read the full article here.
Anyone who has played the previous Crackdown games will recognise that the new game stays true to the spirit of its predecessors. It remains to be seen whether this particular formula for fun still appeals to gamers over eight years after the previous instalment:
Crackdown 3 will be released on February 15th as an Xbox Play Anywhere title, and will be available on Xbox Game Pass from launch.
- The playable Agents in Crackdown 3 have unique attributes to suit different playstyles and situations. Rubenstein chose to play as Agent Chapman, a female character with +10% strength experience and +5% to firearms.
- Agent progress and game progress are saved independently, and players can switch Agents mid-game by visiting a Supply Point.
- The voice of Commander Goodwin is back to inform, praise and insult players.
- Cars can be used as thrown weapons as well as for transport.
- Choice of loadout is critical to maintaining lethal effectiveness against different enemy types.
- Players must take down a ring of enforcers to get to main boss Elizabeth Niemand.
- Players must eliminate minor targets to gather enough intel to take on higher level targets.
- Agents will often be outnumbered and outgunned, so it is important to keep moving and keep swapping weapons to survive.
- Agents lock on to targets, so players don't need to make themselves more vulnerable by carefully aiming at enemies.
- Agent abilities advance both by earning experience and collecting Orbs.
We've got the full list of Crackdown 3: Campaign achievements - check the list for guides to unlocking them.
Check out our Best Xbox Third Person Shooters Available in 2018 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.