After finally releasing on the Xbox One and Windows 10 as a Play Anywhere title last Friday, developer Chucklefish has revealed details of what's coming next for their turn-based strategy game Wargroove in their latest developer blog.
The team has already submitted their first post-launch patch, which aims to address a number of bugs and add some small improvements that weren't fixed in time for game's release on February 1st. You can find the list below:
In the short term, Chucklefish is also working on a number of quality of life fixes that they hope to be able to release "as quickly as possible." Some of the planned quality of life improvements can be seen below:
- Fix bug that caused online multiplayer maps against AI to sometimes go into a broken state.
- Fix bug that caused spectating online on Fog of War maps to not work correctly.
- Fix bug that caused issues around resigning on matches.
- Fix the display of some Japanese and Chinese characters.
The team revealed that they've already managed to recoup their development costs for Wargroove in the opening weekend, and now plan to continue updating and improving the game based on user feedback. In the long term, they've also revealed plans for a "larger update, DLC and more."
- The ability to skip battle scenes more quickly. With various options on how this will work.
- The ability to force fast map movement to ‘always on’.
- Tooltips and more info for the effective/vulnerable charts.
- In multiplayer, the host will be able to fill open spots with CPU players.
- Display S rank requirements. (Tip for now, it’s always based on number of turns.)
- Make it more difficult to accidentally end a turn.
- Multiplayer Lobby improvements
- Various bug fixes
Wargroove is available to purchase on the Xbox One and Windows 10 now. The patch will be arriving soon.
We've got the full list of Wargroove achievements - check the list for guides to unlocking them.
Check out our Best Xbox Turn-Based Combat Games Available in 2018 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.