Saber Interactive has released a new trailer for the upcoming World War Z, which aims to showcase the frantic and exciting gameplay that the title's player vs. player vs. zombie multiplayer will offer.
Inspired by Paramount Pictures' action film of the same name, World War Z's core gameplay experience focuses on four-player co-op as you and your team fight their way through swarms of AI-controlled zombies. The newly announced "PvPvZ" multiplayer will offer a "completely unique experience, challenging you to outlive both the living and the dead across a variety of competitive modes designed for 4v4 combat."
You can watch the trailer below:
World War Z is scheduled for release later this year.
What separates PvPvE in World War Z from other multiplayer games is the zombie swarm, which storms the arena throughout the match, forcing players to battle both each other and the undead and allowing the tide of the fight to turn in an instant. World War Z will launch with the following multiplayer modes:
- Scavenge Raid: players race to secure resources across the map to win
- Vaccine Hunt: players must pick up and hold an object to earn point for the team.
- Swarm Deathmatch: Two teams go head to head in a bitter fight to the end
- Swarm Domination: Capture zones to earn points and win a team victory
- King of the Hill: Capture a single hill, then control it to earn victory points
We don't have them yet, but we'll publish a story as soon as we pick up the World War Z achievements.
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.