The next episode of Inside Xbox will be arriving on streaming services at the start of next month. While we don't know exactly when that will be, we do know that Age of Empires will be featuring in the episode because they have "some very exciting announcements" to make. While many believe that to be related to Age of Empires IV, or perhaps the Definitive Editions of Age of Empires II and Age of Empires III, one source known for his reliable Microsoft Studios leaks is hinting that the news will be another studio acquisition by Microsoft instead, and that Relic Entertainment will have joined the Microsoft Studios family.
Whether this turns out to be true remains to be seen, but what we do know is that there is another patch in the works for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Win 10). The game has just passed its first anniversary, and the team is creating another major update, Update 8, to celebrate that fact. The full patch notes are below:
Update 8 will be released soon. As soon as we hear what the studio has to say during Inside Xbox, we'll be sure to let you know.
- Automatic Farm Reseed – New Option in the Granary
- Mixed unit Queues – Players can now train different units at the same time from buildings
- Mixed tech Queues – Players can now queue units and techs at the same time from buildings
- Added resolution options to full screen mode
- Fallen units now decay over time
- Units navigate better when going through narrow paths
- Improved intercept targeting behavior
- Ship acceleration removed to improve tasked response times
- Builders no longer fail to build wall pieces under certain circumstances
- AI should no longer get stuck in the Stone Age under certain circumstances
- AI can now hunt Elephants
- AI Scouts are less prone to killing themselves to hazards
- AI units pick their targets better
- General AI build orders/strategies have been updated to be more efficient
- Fixed various crashes at game end
- Destroyed buildings disappear much faster
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.