Since Anthem's release last week, one of players' complaints has been about the game's loot system. In particular, players were complaining that the inscriptions attached to items were not useful, and that they needed to acquire too many masterworks of the same item before they got one they wanted. Bioware has heard the feedback and has made some changes to the loot system as a result.
You can see a full list of changes below:
The plan was for the patch to go live either today, February 28th, or tomorrow, March 1st during central US time. Make sure to check your game to see if the changes have gone live before you embark on too much loot hunting if these issues were causing a problem for you.
Additional inscription change details
- Inscriptions are now better for the items they are on
- This applies to new items earned in Anthem (not existing ones in your Vault)
- If an inscription applies only to the item it is on (gear icon), it will be useful to that item. Otherwise the inscription will provide a Javelin wide benefit
- For example, an Assault Rifle will not have an item specific +pistol damage inscription. It may have a +electric damage suit wide inscription (cool for a lightning build)
- Some more information below
- Removed uncommon (white) and common (green) items from level 30 drop tables
- This was a highly requested change and we agree, so that’s that.
- We have reduced the crafting materials needed to craft a masterwork from 25 masterwork embers to 15 masterwork embers
- As you salvage or harvest, you should be able to craft more masterwork items to get the inscriptions you are looking for
- Now that inscriptions are more relevant to their item, this should yield better results for players
Its hard to write a short version of this, but I’m going to try. If we need to add more information later we can do that…
- Current: There are a large pool of inscription options available to roll on items, the inscription pools are generic (e.g. Weapons)
- Every masterwork item has 4 inscriptions – Major Primary, Minor Primary, Major Secondary, Minor Secondary
- Change: Each item type now has a specific set of inscription options for each of their inscription pools. The pools are smaller and are targeted to the specific item type
- E.g. there used to be a Weapon pool, now there is an Assault Rifle pool and the assault rifle pool has 4 pools for each of the inscription types listed above
- Primary inscriptions are focused on damage or survivability
- Any item specific inscriptions (gear icon) will always benefit the item they are on
- Javelin wide inscriptions (suit icon) will benefit damage or survivability across the whole Javelin
- Secondary inscriptions focus on utility and can be targeted to the item (gear icon) or the entire javelin (suit icon)
We've got the full list of Anthem achievements - check the list for guides to unlocking them.
Check out our Best Xbox One Third-Person Shooters Available in 2019 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.