Two days ago, Blizzard officially revealed the 30th hero for Overwatch: Origins Edition, Support combat medic Baptiste. Now that we've already seen his back story, his abilities have been unveiled as he's given a full overview in the latest developer update.
As you can imagine from a combat medic, his role is to support his team mates through a variety of experimental healing devices. However, he can eliminate threats himself too, even under tough conditions.
Blizzard's Vice President Jeff Kaplan gives a more detailed overview of the character in the latest developer update video:
- Real Name: Jean-Baptiste Augustin
- Age: 36
- Occupation: Combat Medic
- Base of Operations: Tortuga, Haiti (formerly)
- Affiliation: Caribbean Coalition (formerly), Talon (formerly)
- Biotic Launcher — Baptiste’s three-round-burst Biotic Launcher rewards accuracy and recoil control with significant damage output. It also doubles as a healing device, lobbing projectiles that heal allies near the point of impact.
- Regenerative Burst — Baptiste activates an intense regenerative burst that heals himself and nearby allies over time.
- Immortality Field — Baptiste uses a device to create a field that prevents allies from dying. The generator can be destroyed.
- Amplification Matrix (Ultimate) — Baptiste creates a matrix that doubles the damage and healing effects of friendly projectiles that pass through it.
- Exo Boots (Passive) — By first crouching, Baptiste can jump higher.
Baptiste is available now on the PC public test server. He will arrive on consoles at a later date.
We've got the full list of Overwatch: Origins Edition achievements - check the list for guides to unlocking them.
Check out our Best Xbox First Person Shooters Available in 2018 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.