While DICE works diligently on their Battle Royale mode, Firestorm, that's due to arrive soon, they're not ignoring any of the other issues that crop up in the game. The result is another small update, Update #4, that released this week and introduces more quality of life agreements. These include improvements to shotguns, a fix to the end of round Company Coin counter, and other stability issues.
You can find the full patch notes below:
Update #4 is available now.
- Fixed the inconsistency between the length of the visual effect of the Churchill Crocodile tank’s flamethrower when viewing it in third person versus first person.
Weapons, Gadgets, and Specializations
- Fixed the M1907 SF Recoil Buffer Specialization which was previously not working.
- The ZK-383 and Selbstlader 1916 no longer have the wrong zoom level with some sights when using the Fast ADS movement Specialization.
- Tweaked shotgun balance. We found that shotguns were underperforming compared to close-range SMGs. The changes to damage drop-offand pellet damage listed below make shotguns perform more consistently in close quarters and give them a slightly longer optimal range.
- Increased damage drop-offstart distance for buckshot and slug ammo by 1 m.
- 12g Automatic and M1897: Increased buckshot maximum pellet damage from 5 to 7.2.
- M30 Drilling: Increased buckshot maximum pellet damage from 5 to 6.3.
Maps and Modes
- Practice Range: Fixed a bug where players would get stuck when using the “Redeploy” or “Restart Practice Range” function.
- Combined Arms: On Hot Pursuit, the correct numberof soldiers needed to advance the objective are now spawned.
- War Stories: Players should no longer run into a freeze on The Last Tiger during the section Reach German Forward Base.
- Fixed the controller vibration function that wouldn’t properly work on some maps while playing Grand Operations.
- Fixed the flickering issue that could happen on the squad redeploy screen.
- All subtitles in the Combined Arms intro are now triggering correctly.
- Leveling from level 49 to level 50 now properly shows the correct level on the End of Round screen.
- Further fixes for the End of Round Company Coin counter. This should hopefully show the correct value for all players.
- Multiple crash fixes and stability improvements.
Xbox One-Specific Improvements
- Fixed an issue where shotguns dealt less damage than intended.
We've got the full list of Battlefield V achievements - check the list for guides to unlocking them.
Check out our Best Xbox First Person Shooters Available in 2018 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.