If you're still busy chasing down Apex Legends achievements, you should be aware of a few changes in the latest patch. Luckily the changes are minimal and based on player feedback, so it's unlikely to shift Apex Legends' position among the best Battle Royale games on the Xbox One. However if you're a fan of the weapons Wingman and Peacekeeper, it's worth noting that both have been nerfed.
According to the developers (speaking as usual on the official Apex Legends subreddit), Wingman is supposed to be a powerful weapon but one that requires a lot of skill, hence the reduction in fire rate and damage multipliers. Meanwhile the Peacekeeper was apparently giving users a comfortably short re-chamber window if they messed up their shots with the Shotgun Bolt attachment — now players will be vulnerable for longer if they make a mistake.
Respawn want to address the hitbox concerns as well, though they want to do this carefully and with a lot of testing. To start, Caustic, Pathfinder and Gibraltar will get hitbox reductions. These changes will be tested in the coming weeks ahead of Season One and should launch with the season. They are designed to better match hitbox size to character model. Several heroes are getting minor balance updates as well — you can read more in the patch notes below.
So what content is in Apex Legends Season One? According to the same reddit post, Respawn aren't ready to talk about it yet. However some credible rumours, such as those on Daily Esports, suggest that a new Legend called Octane will be the major feature of the game's first Battle Pass, which will presumably tie into Season One:
According to the site's anonymous source, Octane is heavily linked to Battle Pass marketing and that same source is confident that the Battle Pass will show up next week on March 12th. Respawn have not been willing to verify this information but, so far, haven't denied it either.
For now, here are the known features to come in the full update notes and plans for Season One tweaks.
Apex Legends Update NotesWingman
- Rate of fire reduced from 3.1 -> 2.6
- Skullpiercer Headshot damage multiplier reduced from 2.5 -> 2.25
- Increased base hip fire spread and decreased the rate at which hip fire spread decays (shrinks back down).
Shotgun Bolt rechamber rate has been reduced for the Peacekeeper only.
Wingman and Peacekeeper availability has been reduced in all zone tiers.
- Level 1 mitigation 10% -> 7.5%
- Level 2 mitigation 20% -> 13%
- Level 3 mitigation 25% -> 16%
Increased availability of energy weapons & ammo in all zone tiers.
Additional patch notes
- Caustic occasionally causing disconnects while throwing his Ultimate.
- Pathfinder occasionally causing disconnects when activating a Survey Beacon.
- Players occasionally causing disconnects when removing an attachment.
- Gibraltar occasionally causing disconnects when pulling up his Gun Shield.
- Players occasionally causing disconnects when entering Spectate Mode.
Coming in Season OneMajor balance changes
Minor balance changes
- Hit box size reductions and optimizations for Caustic, Pathfinder and Gibraltar
- We’re better sizing hitboxes to character gear & model
- Since these adjustments have a MAJOR impact on the game, we want to make sure there aren't any major bugs, so we didn’t want to rush them out
- If these adjustments prove to be insufficient, we’ll consider additional adjustments during Season 1
- Caustic: Traps - Reduced cooldown to 25 seconds. Increased radius and proximity radius by 10%. Removed delay on smoke damage.
- Pathfinder: Insider Knowledge - Increased the number of beacons in the world to 12 from 10
- Lifeline: Care Package - Removed slight chance that level 4 armor and helmets will drop
- Wraith: Into The Void - Cooldown increased from 20 -> 25 seconds
- Bangalore: Double Time - Reduced move speed bonus to 30% from 40%
This game was featured in our Best Xbox One Battle Royale Games Available in 2019 article. Why not check it out to see what else made the cut?
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.