When Tom Clancy's The Division 2 was released last week, it arrived with a bug that was affecting the use of skills for some players. When certain skills were activated, they would last for just a couple of seconds before disappearing and beginning a 15-second cooldown period. This, of course, made all of those skills unusable. Developer Massive Entertainment acknowledged the problem and has identified "several issues" that were triggering the bug. They've since released a patch that fixes most of those issues.
Work continues to resolve the remaining issues. In the meantime, players are recommended to avoid using the EXTRA and OVERLAP talents, which were the main culprits for the issue, until another patch can be released later this week. In the meantime, a patch issued over the weekend has also fixed the following bugs that players may have found:
The aforementioned patches are available now, and we'll be sure to let you know as soon as we hear more on fixes for the rest of the issues.
- Implemented a fix that should reduce occurrences of client crashes when using skills
- Fixed an issue where players could be stuck in the wrong World Tier if they completed Strongholds without meeting the required Gear Score while in a group
- Fixed an issue where players wouldn’t be able to talk to agent Kelso at the Castle Settlement
- Fixed an issue where players could obtain multiple Ivory Keys from the same source
- Fixed an issue where map progress would not be saved when completing Open World activities and Side missions in another players’ instance.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to loot Supply Drops multiple times
- Fixed a bug where players could buy blueprints repeatedly at the vendors by logging out and back in
We've got the full list of Tom Clancy's The Division 2 achievements - check the list for guides to unlocking them.
Check out our Best Xbox One RPGs Available in 2019 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.