Last month's Forza Motorsport 7 update introduced the Forza Race Regulations for online players. At the time, Turn 10 promised they would be looking to extend the beta to all players this month, and while that isn't quite ready to arrive yet, this month's update does add improvements to the private beta, as well as a new Spotlight Car, audio improvements, and unlocked exclusive cars for all players.
The new Spotlight car is the 2018 McLaren Senna, built to honour the accomplishments of Ayrton Senna. The car will be available for all players and you can find more details about it below:
Ayrton Senna was one of the greatest McLaren drivers of all time. To honor his accomplishments on the race track, McLaren has built the ultimate track car. Just because the Senna is street legal by no means implies it belongs among civilized vehicles. The Senna has largest power-to-weight ratio and is one of the lightest and most driver-focused cars McLaren has ever built. Simply put, it is the new benchmark for the manufacturer that brought the world the mold-breaking F1 and P1. If the Senna body appears fragmented, it is due to the deliberate purpose of every panel. “Form follows function” is the McLaren mantra that delivers an end result that is not only stunning in appearance but one that delivers uncompromised downforce and aerodynamics, all the while reducing weight and increasing performance. One crack of the Iconel and titanium exhaust will tell you McLaren has created a legend worthy of its legendary namesake.
Staying with the vehicles themselves for now, the update also unlocks the "majority" of cars that were previously locked to players as exclusive cars. The only vehicles that will remain exclusive are pre-order cars and those that were part of the Forza Driver’s Cup career rewards. As such, these cars can now be purchased with in-game currency:
The April update adds improvements to the Forza Race Regulations (FRR) user interface. Players can now see the number of penalties and the total penalty time they've accrued. These penalties will also now affect the player's final race results on the post-race leaderboard, so there it will also display the number of positions changed due to penalty time. Penalties won't affect a player's grid placement in the following race yet — this is due to come in a later update. The public beta will still arrive later this month for those looking to try out the new rules.
- 1995 BMW 850CSi Forza Edition
- 1991 BMW M3 Forza Edition
- 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Forza Edition
- 2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV Forza Edition
- 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Forza Edition
- 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 454 Forza Edition
- 1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport 409 Forza Edition
- 1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Super Sport Forza Edition
- 2014 Chevrolet Super Sport Forza Edition
- 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI Forza Edition
- 2013 Dodge Dart GT Forza Edition
- 2012 Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione
- 1956 Ford F-100 Forza Edition
- 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Forza Edition
- 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Project Scorpio Edition
- 1981 Ford Fiesta XR2 Forza Edition
- 1995 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Forza Edition
- 1993 Ford SVT Cobra R Forza Edition
- 2014 Ford FPV Limited Edition Pursuit Ute Forza Edition
- 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Woody Wagon Forza Edition
- 1977 Holden Torana A9X Forza Edition
- 1997 Honda Civic Type R Forza Edition
- 2016 Honda Civic Type R Forza Edition
- 1993 Jaguar XJ220 Forza Edition
- 1999 Lamborghini Diablo GTR
- 2016 Mazda MX-5 Forza Edition
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG Forza Edition
- 2016 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG S Coupe Forza Edition
- 2012 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series Forza Edition
- 1965 MINI Cooper S Forza Edition
- 2012 MINI John Cooper Works GP Forza Edition
- 1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA Forza Edition
- 1980 SUBARU BRAT GL Forza Edition
- 1998 SUBARU Impreza 22B STi Forza Edition
- 1998 TVR Cerbera Speed 12
Finally, there are improvements to car engine audio for numerous vehicles, a manufacturer option while searching for cars in the car select screen, fixes for bugs on several tracks, and plenty of other fixes. While full patch notes are not yet available, Turn 10 promises they will be posted later on the Forza Support Site.
The April update is due to go live today, April 2nd.
We've got the full list of Forza Motorsport 7 achievements - check the list for guides to unlocking them.
This game was featured in our Best Xbox One Racing Games Available in 2019 article. Why not check it out to see what else made the cut?