Yesterday, developer Respawn Entertainment rolled out patch 1.1 for their battle royale shooter Apex Legends. Unfortunately, this had quite a negative side effect in that some players found they'd lost all of their progress. In response, the game's servers were shut down while Respawn tried to find a solution. The good news is that they've found the problem, and all players' progress has been restored up until the point where patch 1.1 was rolled out.
The problem was that when the patch was rolled out, some players were moved to the wrong server that didn't have their persistent data, making it appear as though their progress had been reset. Shutting down the game's servers allowed Respawn to move players back to where they needed to be, meaning that all progress up until the point where the patch was released has been restored. This means all levels earned, items unlocked, packs opened, and spent currency earned in between the patch's initial release and the fix has been reverted. If you had purchased currency after the patch but before the fix, you will have gotten all of that currency back.
The patch itself didn't make too many changes, but the most notable of these was adding the ability to party up with the last squad with whom you played a match. The full patch notes are below:
Patch 1.1 is available now.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Added the ability to party up with the last squad you played with. After the match you will see buttons in the lobby that display the last two people you played with and can invite them to your squad.
- Additional behind-the-scenes improvements for squashing cheaters.
- Added Mute button during the intro and Legend selection.
- Added better collision to the turrets on Supply Ships.
- Stability fixes to all platforms.
- Fixed issue where the Battle Pass rewards page would not have a default item selected, resulting in a mostly blank page.
- Fixed bug for PS4 and X1 where sometimes attempting to use a keyboard to chat could cause a fatal script error.
- Fixed bug with Banner Cards not showing up during and at the end of a match.
JUMP PAD PHASE WALK INTERACTIONS
- Octane’s Jump Pad no longer affects players when using Into the Void ability.
We've got the full list of Apex Legends achievements - check the list for guides to unlocking them.
Check out our Best Xbox One First-Person Shooters Available in 2019 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.