RAGE 2 has been causing chaos since its release last month. Players who have already created as much mayhem as they wish will likely be interested in this week's update that adds a plethora of new content. As well as a new mech and new vehicles, there will be new events, cheats, skins, and challenges.
The following content will all be arriving this month:
As well as the update, a new trailer gave players a first glimpse at the upcoming "Rise of the Ghosts" expansion that will arrive later on in 2019. "Rise of the Ghosts" brings a new storyline, region, faction, weapon, and ability. All of the above can be seen in that aforementioned trailer:
- Pilotable Mech “Boom Bringer” vehicle – Mechs aren’t just for the River Hogs anymore. Hop into the new Boom Bringer Mech and…. Well, bring the boom. And the explosions. And the mindboggling amounts of pain.
- Global Worming dynamic event – Aside from having a really excellent name, the Global Worming event introduces the Sand Worm, a massive new enemy that will require all your Ranger skills to take down.
- Bug Swarm dynamic event – Don’t you love leaving your house in the warmer months and immediately being assaulted by millions of flying insects? Yeah, neither do we. Let’s kill all those little bastards.
- One-wheeled “Armadillo” vehicle – The name is cute, and if you ask us, the vehicle is pretty cute, too. Cute in an “Oh god, it’s coming this way and it’s not slowing down and it’s going to run right over me” kind of way. So maybe not that cute. Definitely rad, though. (Did you know that armadillos can transmit leprosy to humans? So cute!)
- “Ghost” motorcycle – Be the edgiest kid in the wasteland with the new Ghost motorcycle. A hint of what’s to come in the upcoming Rise of the Ghosts expansion, perhaps?
- Stanley Express missions – Visit key locations around the map and find Stanley, an excellent source of missions and a machine-shaped friend.
- New Cheats – Get the TV fatal and OzzyMan voice packs, the Rejector Seat Cheat, and more!
- New weapon skins
- New Daily Events
- New Wasteland Challenges and Community Events
Bethesda also revealed the developers are working on more difficulty modes and a New Game + mode. Details on these modes will be revealed "in the coming weeks".
We've got the full list of RAGE 2 achievements - check the list for guides to unlocking them.
Check out our Best Xbox One First-Person Shooters Available in 2019 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.