DICE has released another roadmap that reveals all of the latest and future content coming to Star Wars Battlefront II — including the fan favourite single-player Instant Action game mode from the original Battlefront series, and a tie in with the upcoming film, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- The Separatist Dreadnought and Republic Venator will both be playable locations in Heroes vs Villians.
- Changes are coming to the Captial Ship phase of Capital Supremacy to make the mode more balanced. Completing specific objectives like capturing one of two Command Posts located on the ship will grant an additional five minutes to fire on the enemy target.
- A new feature called Contextual Spawning allows players to spawn on Command Posts in Capital Supremacy and Instant Action (More about Instant Action below).
- Three new B1 Battle Droid appearances are being deployed, including Pilot, Jungle and Training.
- The August update is scheduled for August 28th.
- Felucia — a new large scale map that has been designed for Capital Supremacy.
- Four-player online co-op in the form of a Player vs Enemy experience. Players will take on an attacking and defending role and can play as either the Galactic Republic or Separatist Alliance.
- The solo mode Instant Action is coming back to the Franchise. Fight alongside and against enemy AI in a large scale single-player combat experience. Fight over and capture command posts similar to Capital Supremacy.
- Clone Commandos will be added.
- A community appearance challenge that grants the ability to unlock a highly requested appearance from Star Wars: A New Hope.
For more information, check out the Star Wars Battlefront II forum post here.
- New reinforcements, appearances and a new menu system that allows players to access the different Star Wars eras more easily.
- Content inspired by Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
We've got the full list of Star Wars Battlefront II achievements - check the list for guides to unlocking them.
Check out our Best Xbox One First-Person Shooters Available in 2019 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.