Fortnitemares 2019 Starts Tomorrow

By Heidi Nicholas,
Epic Games announce the start date for this year's Fortnitemares via the game's official Twitter channel. Fortnitemares, the Halloween event for Fortnite, starts tomorrow, the 28th October, at 9am ET.


This Fortnitemares marks the first for Fortnite Chapter 2, so it's hard to guess what changes will come to the new map. The Fortnite Twitter page has been crawling with Halloween-themed store items, such as the Zombified emote and the Widow's Web Wrap, so it seems safe to assume that this year's Halloween event will be pretty big. Cube Monsters didn't go down too well last year. Nor, more recently, did the B.R.U.T.E. mechs. Perhaps Epic will consider something completely different than enemies this year, to tie in with the new gameplay possibilities of Chapter 2's map.

Check out our Best Xbox One Third-Person Shooters Available in 2019 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.
Heidi Nicholas
Written by Heidi Nicholas
Hey, I'm Heidi! I've just finished studying a Masters in English Literature, but I've been obsessed with gaming since long before then. I began on the PS2 with Spyro, before graduating to the Xbox 360 and disappearing into Skyrim. I'm now a loyal RPG fan, but I still like to explore other genres — when I'm not playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey, or being lured back into Red Dead Redemption 2 or The Witcher 3!
Posts on this article have been added to a thread in the Gaming News Forum.
  • Posted on 28 October 19 at 19:03Permalink
    Honestly nobody cares about Fartnite anymore..It's done lost it's value to me..Why is everything always about Fartnite these days? Give other games a chance for cryin out loud. I sure hope this game won't be as popular when the new console comes out..I would have to rethink everything.
    My gamertag is Six4Prodigy now. Add me. We can play games. Lookin for Borderlands 1 teammates for the achievements.
  • TuschiTuschi926,442
    Posted on 28 October 19 at 19:04Permalink
    Six4Prodigy said:
    Honestly nobody cares about Fartnite anymore..It's done lost it's value to me..Why is everything always about Fartnite these days? Give other games a chance for cryin out loud. I sure hope this game won't be as popular when the new console comes out..I would have to rethink everything.
    You did it. Fortnite is no more!
  • Dalek LegionDalek Legion430,854
    Posted on 28 October 19 at 19:11Permalink
    That's a really clever play on words guys.

    Their game is called Fortnite and they are combining it with the word nightmares so its now Fort-nightmares.

    Spooky.
    Beep Boop
  • Posted on 28 October 19 at 19:29Permalink
    Six4Prodigy said:
    I sure hope this game won't be as popular when the new console comes out..I would have to rethink everything.
    You do know Fortnite leaves beta and the most popular versions of the new consoles will be the preorder Fortnite bundles containing a exclusive cosmetic set, an Epic Glider, a Rare Pickaxe, and 2000 V-bucks to spend in the in-game marketplace.
  • Posted on 28 October 19 at 19:42Permalink
    freedomgirl85 said:
    Six4Prodigy said:
    I sure hope this game won't be as popular when the new console comes out..I would have to rethink everything.
    You do know Fortnite leaves beta and the most popular versions of the new consoles will be the preorder Fortnite bundles containing a exclusive cosmetic set, an Epic Glider, a Rare Pickaxe, and 2000 V-bucks to spend in the in-game marketplace.
    LMAO..microtransactions FTW..
    My gamertag is Six4Prodigy now. Add me. We can play games. Lookin for Borderlands 1 teammates for the achievements.
  • II REB IIII REB II292,818
    Posted on 28 October 19 at 19:47Permalink
    Y'all missing the point. It's popular because people like it.

    I get it... It's cool to go against the grain. Edgy.
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,010,951
    Posted on 28 October 19 at 19:55Permalink
    look at me, i don't like Fortnite, I'm such a pizza-cutter.
  • Posted on 28 October 19 at 20:20Permalink
    Six4Prodigy said:
    Honestly nobody cares about Fartnite anymore..It's done lost it's value to me..Why is everything always about Fartnite these days? Give other games a chance for cryin out loud. I sure hope this game won't be as popular when the new console comes out..I would have to rethink everything.
    “Honestly no one cares about Fartnite anymore...”
    “Why is everything always about Fartnite these days?”

    Unironic two sentences almost in order after each other.
  • Posted on 28 October 19 at 20:33Permalink
    Im so tired of fortnite being everywhere, its like minions but 10x worse
  • Posted on 28 October 19 at 21:17Permalink
    battle royale ruined this game
  • Posted on 28 October 19 at 22:49Permalink
    Good to know, i'll be sure to check it out.
  • Posted on 29 October 19 at 01:35Permalink
    I’d love it if game pass users got a free skin
  • TranierxTranierx346,422
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 01:38Permalink
    Six4Prodigy said:
    freedomgirl85 said:
    Six4Prodigy said:
    I sure hope this game won't be as popular when the new console comes out..I would have to rethink everything.
    You do know Fortnite leaves beta and the most popular versions of the new consoles will be the preorder Fortnite bundles containing a exclusive cosmetic set, an Epic Glider, a Rare Pickaxe, and 2000 V-bucks to spend in the in-game marketplace.
    LMAO..microtransactions FTW..
    Cosmetic microtransactions on a free game. The horrors.
  • DomainDomain313,901
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 03:10Permalink
    hope they fix the achievements
  • GsO LightGsO Light147,605 147,605 GamerScore
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 04:37Permalink
    Cosmetics microtransactions are even a bigger scam, paying money for literally nothing.. I'd rather pay for an advantage than some dumb cosmetic
  • GiinceeGiincee336,516
    Posted on 29 October 19 at 13:11Permalink
    The should patch their base game and make the achievements obtainable again
  • Posted on 29 October 19 at 13:41Permalink
    IceBlazeWinters said:
    battle royale ruined this game
    Eggsactly my point. I loved StW. If they just kept it like that then there wouldn't even be a question that more people would play other games. All of the Battle Royale games are kinda uneventful.
    My gamertag is Six4Prodigy now. Add me. We can play games. Lookin for Borderlands 1 teammates for the achievements.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.