Konami revealed several new screens and pieces of information about their Vatra Games-developed, horror-title, Silent Hill Downpour
, during their time at E3 this year.
We learned back in January
that the game features Murphy Pendleton, a convict who winds up surviving an unfortunate bus accident involving his prison transport. Pendleton sees this as a chance for freedom and wanders into the town of Silent Hill as he attempts his escape. Lucky fellow, right?
Konami also revealed the following new details about Downpour
• All new and updated Silent Hill experience that visually stands on its own with the current competition. Utilizing Unreal 3 technology, the game brings the town of SilentHill, its characters, the creatures and the alternate hell world into vivid and spectacular display.Silent Hill Downpour
• Free-roaming and deep exploration that will take players into all-new ‘Side Quests’ unlocking areas within the game, special items and bonus content.
• An ever-changing game world including day and night ‘Normal’ world and ‘Otherworld’ world, all manifested and sourced from character actions throughout the game.
• First-time ever 3D technology will bring Silent Hill a step closer to the player with three-dimensional immersion.
• Renowned story and music talent attached to the game including:
• Silent Hill comic writer, Tom Waltz
• Original music directed and composed by renowned composer, Dan Licht, of the Showtime series, Dexter.
• Theme song performed by hard-rock multiplatinum group, Korn.
will be available this October.