It's been some time since we had our last Content and Newshound recruitment drive, so it pleases me to tell you we are now accepting applications again.
First up to talk about how you could help is Tasty PastryTasty Pastry said:
Our content team is currently looking for new recruits. The team does a variety of activities. Examples include updating game information, adding and editing flags, working with walkthrough writers, dealing with reported content, updating game icons, and working on the newly added genres. We are interested in adding people for all the facets, but there is an extra premium on those interested in working in the walkthrough department of the team (which includes working with walkthrough writers and proofreading).
If you're interested in applying, please answer the following questions, and submit them to Tasty Pastry
• The approximate amount of time you believe you'd have to dedicate to the site per week.
• If you have interest in working with walkthroughs.
• A short paragraph on why you want to be part of the team.
The work the Content Team do is very important, however it can be tedious at times so it's not for everyone.
Data entry not your cup of tea? Looking for something with a bit of artistic license and flair? If so I’ll pass you over to Matrarch.Matrarch said:
The news team is presently looking to bring some more hounds on board. We're looking for dedicated people to help get all the 360-related information the TA community wants to read about up on the front page in an accurate in timely manner. We want to add people who have a variety of interests in and around the 360 world, be it the games themselves, the industry, indie games, and so on. Good luck to all of you who choose to apply!:
If you're interested in applying, please answer the following questions, and submit them to Matrarch • What is your location and timezone?
• How much time could you give per day and what times would you generally be available?
• Why do you want to be a newshound? What contributions would you bring to the team?
• Are there particular genres/gaming topics you favour? All newshounds are expected to cover everything, but what would be your comfort zone?
• Is there anything that the team doesn't currently cover that you'd like to see? How could you help to cover this area?
• Have you written news previously? If so, where? Please submit examples if this applies to you.
• Have you been on TA site staff before? If so, what did you enjoy the most about your experience? What did you enjoy the least?
• Where would you go to find news? What sources would you consider?
• What improvements / changes do you think we can make to our news coverage?
• Anything else about you that would make you the most awesome newshound ever.
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, please write a sample news story using the format we use here at TA. In addition, include how you went about finding the story and checking its authenticity. You can write anything, but the newer the news, the better. Don't feel you have to limit yourself to 360 news for the sample article.
Thanks to all who apply and good luck,