Last week we put up a notice asking for more Newshounds. We've had several applications already, but we're still accepting more!
The deadline for Newshound applications is tomorrow, July 8th. We will not consider any applications received after this date.
Here is a quick reminder of the questions if you are interested in applying. Please submit your answers in a PM to Matrarch • What is your location and timezone?
• How much time could you give per day and what times would you generally be available?
• Why do you want to be a newshound? What contributions would you bring to the team?
• Are there particular genres/gaming topics you favour? All newshounds are expected to cover everything, but what would be your comfort zone?
• Is there anything that the team doesn't currently cover that you'd like to see? How could you help to cover this area?
• Have you written news previously? If so, where? Please submit examples if this applies to you.
• Have you been on TA site staff before? If so, what did you enjoy the most about your experience? What did you enjoy the least?
• Where would you go to find news? What sources would you consider?
• What improvements / changes do you think we can make to our news coverage?
• Anything else about you that would make you the most awesome newshound ever.
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, please write a sample news story using the format we use here at TA. In addition, include how you went about finding the story and checking its authenticity. You can write anything, but the newer the news, the better. Don't feel you have to limit yourself to 360 news for the sample article.
Thanks to all who apply (and have applied already) and good luck.