Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd revealed several new details about their upcoming sports title, Rugby Challenge
We've seen many reports about rival Rugby title, Rugby World Cup
2011, acquiring a plethora of official licenses
. Apparently HES is not taking this lightly, having acquired the licenses for major European rugby union leagues Aviva Premiership Rugby, TOP 14 Orange, and RaboDirect PRO12.
It was also previously announced
that rugby star Jonah Lomu would be assisting developer Sidhe with the creation of Rugby Challenge
. HES has taken his involvement a step further by putting his name on the title of the product, which will now be released as Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge
in Europe. The game will have other region-specific titles as well, including All Blacks Rugby Challenge
in New Zealand, and Wallabies Rugby Challenge
Further features were also detailed by the publisher:
• Play in Single Match Mode, Competition Mode, and multi year Career Mode as well as extensive help and Tutorial Mode options available for players new to the sport
• 93 teams and 31 stadia featured including official team and competition licenses for the All Blacks, the Qantas Wallabies, the USA Eagles, Tri Nations, Bledisloe Cup, Super Rugby teams, Aviva Premiership Rugby, TOP 14 Orange, RaboDirect PRO12, ITM Cup, and Ranfurly Shield
• Enjoy the game with groups of friends locally, or compete in online multiplayer with support up to 4v4 via Xbox LIVE®.
• Create or customise players, teams, and competitions using the extensive customisation tools to shape the game to your own preferences and keep the game fresh season after season
• Dynamic presentation delivers a true on-field rugby experience with enhanced replay angles, lifelike cut-scenes, rich sound, and real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and Justin Marshall
is set to release alongside the next Rugby World Cup, which will take place at some point in Q3 2011.