While many huge announcements were made at E3 featuring well established franchises, one that may have slipped past your radar was for a title then known as The Deepak Chopra Project
. The game, based around the spiritual teachings of renowned doctor and public speaker Deepak Chopra
, is a Kinect-based title which will take advantage of the sensor to help you learn how to meditate and find calm.
The game has been officially titled Deepak Chopra's Leela
. Leela, which is Sanskrit for “pastime”, “sport” or “play”, will "combines physical activity and meditation to create a fully immersive experience infused with stunning landscapes and captivating sound-scapes to help instill a sense of focus and rejuvenation".
Several key features of Deepak Chopra's Leela
were also revealed:
• Groundbreaking. Deepak Chopra's Leela uniquely combines physical activity and meditation to create a fully immersive experience using game consoles.Deepak Chopra's Leela
• Controller-free. On Kinect, Leela allows players to utilize full-body gestures to relax the entire body.
• Chakra-based meditation. Through seven movements, users can focus their attention on specific parts of their bodies to relax and develop a “flow state.”
• Stillness in motion. In the “Stillness Meditation” tradition, the Kinect measures players’ breathing and provides gentle feedback and encouragement.
• Connected. On Kinect, users can create a personal mandala (an artistic expression of an individual's essence and focal point for meditation) and share it on Facebook.
• Personal. Deepak Chopra’s Leela utilizes the player’s own abilities to help cultivate a healthier, harmonious and more balanced life.
is scheduled for release sometime this Fall. Perhaps you can use it to calm down after those late night multiplayer sessions of Gears of War 3
or Modern Warfare 3