Microsoft and Disney Interactive Studios have confirmed the release date for Kinect: Disneyland Adventures
. The game allows players to explore Disneyland and visit a variety of landmarks from Main Street U.S.A. to Critter Country. Here's a quick re-cap of the game's main features:
• Create memories. Whether it’s your first time or hundredth time exploring Disneyland park, relive your fondest memories or embark on a new adventure.
• Discover Disneyland park. Whether you want to go on an adventure in your favorite attraction or explore the entire park, “Kinect: Disneyland Adventures” allows you to play at your own pace and customize your own Disneyland park experiences right from your living room, whenever you want.
• Explore attractions. Experience your favorite Disneyland park attractions as immersive adventures — explore Neverland at Peter Pan’s side and take up your sword to fight Captain Hook; battle your way to the island in Pirates of the Caribbean; or partner with a friend to enjoy the fascinating world of Alice in Wonderland.
• Meet the characters. Share magical moments with your favorite Disney characters — hug a princess, high-five Mickey Mouse, collect autographs and accept quests.
• Collect and unlock. Collect Disney-themed items, rewards and Xbox 360 Achievements as you make your way through the park to discover new game experiences, including themed parades and firework displays.
• Cooperative play. Partner with a friend or family member to explore Disneyland park; have him or her jump in to lend a hand on difficult challenges and help you earn rewards. Designed to adjust difficulty based on skill, “Kinect: Disneyland Adventures” ensures that everyone is having fun and playing together.
The game has appeared at this week's Gamescom and has revealed new locations to event attendees. The Abominable Snowman can be encountered on the Matterhorn Bobsleds in the Swiss Alps. Macaws, toucans, orchids and totem poles sing in the Enchanted Tiki Room. The Jungle Cruise takes players on a voyage alongside the skipper to see zebras, hippos and gorillas. Finally, players can navigate through the waters of the bayou in the new chapters of Pirates of the Caribbean.
Here are some previously released screenshots to give you a taste of the game:
If you're having problems envisioning how you're going to look while you're playing the game, Microsoft is on hand to provide the answer for you:Kinect: Disneyland Adventures
is due to be released on November 15th.