Capcom has definitely brought its big guns to this year's Gamescom. Steel Batallion
, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom
and Street Fighter X Tekken
have all received much attention, of course, but Capcom's also brought its new IPs out to play, including Asura's Wrath
and their upcoming, open-world action title, Dragon's Dogma
So, without further hesitation, here are some screens from Dragon's Dogma
Several key features were revealed as well:
• Fight With Ability – The soul of combat comes down to how the game is played, where you strike the enemy, and how you react to their attacks.
• Pawn Them All – The pawn system offers flexible combat assistance with a main pawn companion that you can train throughout the game and two secondary pawns that can vary wildly to fit your combat style.
• Help Your Friends, Help Yourself: To enhance your battle experience, share your main pawn with friends and others via Xbox LIVE. Your pawn’s experience as a member of someone else’s game will be passed on to you in loot, knowledge of the open world and strategies for taking down enemies. Or, you can choose one of the hundreds of AI pawns included with the game.
• Accessible Depth – Bringing an unprecedented level of depth to the action genre, every decision has an effect on gameplay in an intuitive way that does not require micromanagement. The weight of your weapon, the material of your armour – even the length of your legs – plays a role in how you fight your battles, but does not interrupt the flow of the action.
• Night and Day – The open world features a dynamic 24-hour day/night cycle that will offer different enemies and surprises depending on when you venture into the world.
• A Rich Population – In addition to interacting with hundreds of fully voiced NPCs, you’ll be able to fight a large variety of creatures, from goblins to griffins and dragons. Each enemy requires a different strategy and provides a unique experience.
There has been plenty of previously released media from Dragon's Dogma
, and you should check it out if you're so inclined. Good places to start would be the most recent gameplay trailer
and the previously released batch of screenshots
is scheduled for release in early 2012.