Robot Entertainment has not been shy to show off their upcoming title Orcs Must Die
for the XBLA. Their last offering was a very unique interactive trailer
showcasing the many traps used in the game. We’ve also spotlighted these traps
in greater detail a few months back. Today we bring you some bullet points on the game’s features as well as a confirmed release date:
Orcs Must Die! is an action-strategy game that challenges players to defend fortresses under siege. With a wide variety of traps and weapons to choose from, Orcs Must Die! dares players to find the best ways to hack, launch, flatten, gibletize, and incinerate an endless army of filthy orcs and their vile allies. Orcs Must Die! features a vibrant look, addictive gameplay, and a blatant disregard for the welfare of orcs.
• Play as the War Mage and defend 24 fortresses from an enraged mob of orcs and 11 other villainous monsters.
• Choose from a selection of 6 weapons and magic spells and 17 traps that hack, launch, flatten, gibletize, and incinerate your enemies.
• Upgrade your traps, spells and weapons to cater the game to your personal play style.
• Cleverly combine traps and spells for higher scores on the leaderboards.
• Expertly wield your wits and your weapons through the story-driven campaign and unlock a brutal “Nightmare” campaign.
• Replay fortresses endlessly, combining different defenses and tactics every time!
Originally slated for a summer release, then promised for October, Orcs Must Die!
won’t be missing that summer date by much as it is now confirmed for release on October 5th for XBLA. Pricing has not been confirmed at this time.