A short while ago, we brought news of Mercury Hg
and its solid release date
To keep the title lodged firmly in mind, UTV Ignition Games have released the first trailer for the upcoming XBLA title along with a few key details on the adventures that await your blob of mercury.
On the perilous journey from point A to point B in each level, the blob will encounter all kinds of devious traps and puzzles, some of which can be seen in the trailer, and some of which will totally surprise players when the game launches later this month!
The Press Release also offered some in-game details that we can share with you, and also revealed that future DLC is planned for Mercury Hg
. The game will feature:
- More than 60 all-new levels, with additional DLC packs to be announced at a later date.Mercury Hg
- Devious new tile types: conveyors, doors, and moving platforms.
- Level sections offering ultra-slippery or ultra-sticky, spinners and switches, and teleporters and magnets add to the unique arcade puzzle action for which Mercury is famous.
- New level objects, such as Smartfloor, which only forms as you move towards it.
- Three bonus challenges per level that gauge your abilities: The amount of mercury to finish, the time to complete, AND the number of bonuses collected all come into play.
- Sixaxis™ controller support (accelerometer only).
- Animated reactive backgrounds and floors responding to music-perfect for custom soundtracks
- New "Re-merge" button help feature reforms the blob with a magnet, but beware: there will be penalties for its use!
- Online leaderboard support. Replay sharing between friends and downloadable replays from the leaderboards, including ghosts of your friend's best times.
is hitting the Xbox LIVE Marketplace today for just 400MSP.