In 2005, Rebellion Games developed World War II-based tactical shooter Sniper Elite
for the original Xbox console. After a (relatively) sizeable wait and as previously announced
, the independent developer has now teamed up with publisher 505 Games to bring a sequel to the Xbox 360, creatively titled Sniper Elite V2
As the game's title eludes to, stealth is priority and the latest trailer highlights how important that type of approach is, in order to change history!
505 Games has also provided details of the title's main features and a bunch of screenshots showcasing the game's war-torn locales.
• Sniping Simulation - Sniper Elite V2 features detailed sniping simulation with advanced ballistics, taking into account gravity, wind, velocity, bullet penetration, aim stability and more. Guaranteed to provide players with the most realistic simulation of military sharpshooting yet available
• X-Ray Kill Cam - Amazing “kill cam” technology showcases what really happens when a bullet enters an enemy’s body, allowing players to see hearts and lungs tear, livers burst, bones and teeth shatter, and entrails fall out
• Authenticity – The game features authentic World War II Berlin locations as well as vehicles, weapons such as the Springfield M1903, the Gewehr 43 and the Mosin-Nagant 1891/30, and uniforms modelled on original versions
• Use The Environment - The slightest changes in the environment need to be taken into account to move into the perfect position, observe the quarry, take the shot and slip away unnoticed
• Sniper's Choice - Players will often find themselves facing a choice of the perfect shot that leaves them catastrophically exposed or a more difficult route that means they can continue their mission
A teaser trailer
for Sniper Elite V2
was released in August this year.Sniper Elite V2
is set to come into focus through your rifle scope sometime in 2012.