Good morning, citizens of TrueAchievements (or afternoon or evening, as appropriate). News has come down today that El Presidente, the leader of the island in Kalypso Media's Tropico 4
, will soon be faced with new and exciting challenges, and it looks like you will be figuring out how to handle them.
Next month, Tropico 4
will receive "Modern Times", a new DLC expansion that will take the island out of the Cold War and into the present day. Now you'll have to deal with everything from space travel to internet regulation - and you thought being a dictator was easy!
Kalypso also posted a video and further details as to what to expect:
- Make Tropico fit for the 21st century: Evolve the island from the Cold War era to modern times and even into the future
- 30 new buildings become available as time progresses, including condos, skyscrapers, Organic Ranches and Biofarms. Replace obsolete buildings with these modern and inspiring designs
- Upgrade old buildings to new variants -- modernized apartment buildings, banks, museums and much more
- 10 new edicts allow even more control over your citizens' lives. Block or limit citizens' Internet use, create a police state or be a "good guy" and launch the Festival of Love edict
- New single player campaign comprised of 12 comprehensive scenario missions. Protect Tropico from unseen and sinister forces
While we do know that the DLC will release in March, we do not know whether it will carry achievements. "Modern Times" will cost 1200 MSP, and at that price you'd hope that it would add to your gamerscore total.