Microsoft has today announced the release of three new apps (two in Canada and one in Germany) to the ever expanding list of live and on-demand TV and music providers that "deliver locally relevant content to Xbox LIVE members around the globe".
Full details of the new releases, which can be download from today, are below:
• Astral Media’s Disney XD (Astral Media). Canada
• Mediathek/ZDF (ZDF). Germany
• Real Sports (Maple Leaf Sports). Canada
They also went on to detail some impressive stats relating to how well the Xbox LIVE community has taken to the new apps since their release in November last year.
• The hours of video consumed globally on Xbox LIVE increased 140 percent from 2010 to 2011.
• In December more than 60 percent of U.S. Xbox LIVE Gold members used entertainment apps on Xbox LIVE – for an average of an hour a day each.
• The number of people using entertainment apps on Xbox LIVE increased by nearly 50 percent globally from November to December.
More apps are scheduled to hit Xbox LIVE later this year, with the BBC iPlayer app coming to the UK, and last week's announcement
at CES of the free Newscorp app that will bring updates from the likes of The Wall Street Journal, Fox News, and IGN.